Tpms question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowhunt32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2015 new to me RAM 2500. Tpms sensor came on today but the sensors are reading wrong tires. There backwards if that makes sense. When I air up the rear tires the display shows air pressure increasing in the front. Ideas?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Tpms sensor came on today

Do you mean the error light? If so, the sensors can go bad and need to be replaced.

As for being out of position mine do that every time I get my tires rotated but after 10-15 minutes/miles they figure out they've been moved and it reads correctly. If yours isn't doing that and/or if the light is on something else is wrong.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you had a tire rotation done recently?

OP
OP
B

bowhunt32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Rotated tires about 800 miles ago. I did bump a curb pretty good yesterday. I just drove to town and back 10 miles or so and it reset or reoriented it's self. Not sure if I've got a computer issue, or if the curb bump reset something.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The curb bump may have caused some sort of reset. The computer automatically changes tire position based upon distance from the computer. When you rotate your tires, it may take a couple miles before everything figures itself out. Nothing to worry about if it reset itself.

OP
OP
B

bowhunt32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Took to dealership today as problem continues. I had read online with another having same problem in 2014 and it ended up being something to do with radio frequency interference and there was a radio software update. Dealership confirmed there being an update. That was done as well computer reflash. Also learned there is a recall on catalytic converter. Goes back next week for that.