TPMS setting lowered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laramie1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hello, new here and to Ram. I see getting the tpms sensor parameter lowered for the HD trucks to work with lower air pressure tires is a pretty common topic, my dealer won't do it and was wondering if anyone has found someone in MN that will?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
To fully adjust the TPMS you need the change the psi thresholds and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub).

Factory pressure settings are 65 front & 80 rear with a 20% threshold which means that the warnings (light, sounds & nag screen) will come on at 52 front & 64 rear. If that happens then you will have to air the tires to 65 front and/or 80 rear to make the warnings go away.

The PIN – You must have your PIN to fully adjust the TPMS system. There are 2 PIN numbers associated with your key and truck. Technically, there's a 3rd one too that's a rolling code (unknown digits) that expires. It is only used if you lose all your keys and it requires a call to Lord FCA to get. I believe this is where some dealers get confused and try to tell you that the 4-digit PIN will expire. I've not heard of anyone saying that theirs expired when they tried to use it. A few members have been charged a fee to get the code. Personally, I find this ridiculous and I’d find another dealer, but I realize some don't have that choice.
PIN #1: 4-digit code (all numbers) that is used to program the key (fobik) to the truck. This is the one you need for this process.
PIN #2: 5-digit code with a letter in front (ex. M0000) that is used to cut a new metal key.

IMO, it’s a good idea to get both codes as soon as you possibly can. Recently, some dealers have refused to give them out. It’s yours and you paid for it when you bought the truck so go get it.

Devices:
Autel MaxiSys -- will adjust the psi settings and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub)
Matco Maxgo & Maxme -- will adjust the psi settings and update the RFH (Maximus should also)
Launch X431 V+ -- untested but I believe this is the ‘same’ as an Autel MaxiSys
AutoEnginuity software -- will only adjust the psi settings (also tire sizes & enable fogs w/highs)
Witech (dealer) -- will only update the RFH, IF you can find a dealer that's willing do it
AEV ProCal -- only sold with their lift kits; will only adjust the psi settings (tire sizes & other settings)
Snap-on – no one has found that any of their devices can do this

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you can enable Fogs with highs through a scan tool? "AutoEnginuity"-
So now to try to find someone with that tool !!!

Fanman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To fully adjust the TPMS you need the change the psi thresholds and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub).

Factory pressure settings are 65 front & 80 rear with a 20% threshold which means that the warnings (light, sounds & nag screen) will come on at 52 front & 64 rear. If that happens then you will have to air the tires to 65 front and/or 80 rear to make the warnings go away.

The PIN – You must have your PIN to fully adjust the TPMS system. There are 2 PIN numbers associated with your key and truck. Technically, there's a 3rd one too that's a rolling code (unknown digits) that expires. It is only used if you lose all your keys and it requires a call to Lord FCA to get. I believe this is where some dealers get confused and try to tell you that the 4-digit PIN will expire. I've not heard of anyone saying that theirs expired when they tried to use it. A few members have been charged a fee to get the code. Personally, I find this ridiculous and I’d find another dealer, but I realize some don't have that choice.
PIN #1: 4-digit code (all numbers) that is used to program the key (fobik) to the truck. This is the one you need for this process.
PIN #2: 5-digit code with a letter in front (ex. M0000) that is used to cut a new metal key.

IMO, it’s a good idea to get both codes as soon as you possibly can. Recently, some dealers have refused to give them out. It’s yours and you paid for it when you bought the truck so go get it.

Devices:
Autel MaxiSys -- will adjust the psi settings and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub)
Matco Maxgo & Maxme -- will adjust the psi settings and update the RFH (Maximus should also)
AutoEnginuity software -- will only adjust the psi settings (also tire sizes & enable fogs w/highs)
Witech (dealer) -- will only update the RFH, IF you can find a dealer that's willing do it
AEV ProCal -- only sold with their lift kits; will only adjust the psi settings (tire sizes & other settings)

Nice job on the overview. Many thx...:favorites13:

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My experience is that the dealer techs can't change the settings due to an upgrade in the diagnostic tool set made by FCA. They can't access the correct section of the module anymore on 2015+ trucks.

The Autel tool would be the best bet.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
My experience is that the dealer techs can't change the settings due to an upgrade in the diagnostic tool set made by FCA. They can't access the correct section of the module anymore on 2015+ trucks.

This is what I was told when I went to the dealer as well. They were not BS'ing me either. I watched & over heard them saying FCA has locked them out from this procedure.
Bunch of crap if you ask me! If I want to change it I should be able to change it!

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found a guy here in Illinois that has one of the tools. I'm meeting with him on Friday to reset the truck. I got the four digit pin for free from the dealer, and the guy charges $100 to do the reset.
Sure hope it works....

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The guy's name is Tracy, and he has a web site for his offerings.....

Tehammann.wixsite.com/tractstruck

He's super nice, easy to work with and extremely knowledgable....

You can text him at (618) 304-4807....enjoy driving with not dash error lights!!!

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

This is true. The WiTech2 update removed the BCM function to do tire threshold. My buddy is a Chrysler tech. He came to my house to do my truck, was nice, I didn't have to go to the dealer. He brought the equipment home.

When my buddy went to do his, the update removed that function due to people lowering the threshold. Chrysler/FCA is just following Federal mandated laws.

The Feds are on FCA and other automakers.

Fanman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the model of the Autel that will adjust thresholds?
I'm looking at the TS501 & TS601.

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The guy's name is Tracy, and he has a web site for his offerings.....

Tehammann.wixsite.com/tractstruck

He's super nice, easy to work with and extremely knowledgable....

You can text him at (618) 304-4807....enjoy driving with not dash error lights!!!

Thanks Dave! It was a pleasure meeting you.

Slight change to that website ... tehamann.wixsite.com/tracystruck

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What is the model of the Autel that will adjust thresholds?
I'm looking at the TS501 & TS601.

I'm fairly certain the TS won't do it or completely do it. You'll need a MS model that has bi-directional communication for the RFH settings.

6.4LMegaMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I'd pay $100 to have my thresholds lowered if I could find a shop in the western PA region. Especially since I'll be going with 35s soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks for helping get the word out. There's a little more in that thread including a Q&A section and a map to the CumminsForum members that have a device that can change the TPMS settings. It can be found here

Devices:

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I got in early to use Tracy's MaxSys. It was a very fast and clean transaction. I literally had the computer for two hours from the time I received the box to the time I put it back in the mail. I also have a ProCal and the Maxsys is a much better tool for the TPMS.

Jwolff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the cumminsforum.com page they have a map of people who own the machines to change the settings. Get a membership there and pm the guy closest to you.

Just saw same info 2 posts up. Sorry about double post.