Traction Control Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
On my way to work this AM, basically coasting on a downgrade and I get a chime and the TC light comes on. Within a minute it went out on its own. Anybody else get this?

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This light? If so it has happened to me twice so far. Both times require the truck to be shut off and door opened and then restarted to clear it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427773350657.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427773350657.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
T

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
This light? If so it has happened to me twice so far. Both times require the truck to be shut off and door opened and then restarted to clear it.

Yes, the one on the tach side of the cluster, but it went away on its own as I was driving. Did not reappear so far.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD

That light is the for the ESC which is apart of the same system that controls the BLD(Brake Lock Differential). That may be the reason why you said you have never noticed the BLD kicking in because their is a fault in the system. Just a thought.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That light is the for the ESC which is apart of the same system that controls the BLD(Brake Lock Differential). That may be the reason why you said you have never noticed the BLD kicking in because their is a fault in the system. Just a thought.

The light has only come on twice so far though since August. There was a recall that my truck had for a reprogramming that was for this exact issue but evidently it didn't fix it. Or they never did it... Honestly that one wouldn't surprise me.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Hmmmm I thought that light was the low tire pressure indicator?

If it isn't, I've learned something new today.

Edit: Crap, I didn't see the other light at first.....

Nevermind! :)

On a side note, I haven't had that light (in the tach) come on yet. Will keep an eye on it just in case though!

Last edited: