traction control light on, service trailer brakes, and No CC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
So, I bought my truck to my local dealer for an oil change. Only because no one has the Pennzoil here and I have a procedure on Friday.

Dropped off at 7:30. Called at noon and was told I would have the truck back today they were performing 2 recalls.

Pick up the truck after 5.

I keep pressing the traction control off button but the light won't go off. Next stop light I pay attention to what I am doing and realize it is the actual traction control light that is on. Put the truck in park and the light is still on. Well, Crap.

Get home turn the truck off and service trailer brake light is on and the traction control light still stays on. Call dealership leave a message.

Decide to look under the dash. Notice black and yellow wire cut and dangling.Carpet under pedal not replaced properly and that big white connector isn't on its holding point correctly.

They performed the occupant restraint control module and were supposed fix some wiring in the steering wheel for chafing. They didn't have the steering wheel part.

Took my son to practice then realized the Cruise control doesn't work.

Any idea if something could be unplugged causing these issues? I find a green connector that isn't plugged into anything. It is behind the big white connector. Why did they need to pull the carpet back to reprogram that module or fix steering wheel wiring they dont have parts for.
Thanks!

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why are you trying to figure troubleshoot this? Just asking. Dealer did it. Make them fix it. I would take truck right back and show service manager the condition his techs returned it to a customer.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
+1 on what Silver Surfer said! Give me back my truck like that and there WILL be issues.
You brought it in for maintenance and got it back broken. That is completely unacceptable.
JMTC

preachp

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Well, it went back this morning. Service Manager said, We didn't cut the wires and we had no reason to mess up or pull the carpet.
Yeah, Well, I didn't do it. As a matter of fact the only mod I have done to this truck is the radar detector tapped into the mirror. I swore I would keep this one stock other than leveling kit.
Service manager did say they have had some initializing issues after reboot of the system when doing flashes.
And why would I worry? Because the local dealers suck. I really hate going to this one. But they had the damn oil in stock!

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Well, it went back this morning. Service Manager said, We didn't cut the wires and we had no reason to mess up or pull the carpet.
Yeah, Well, I didn't do it. As a matter of fact the only mod I have done to this truck is the radar detector tapped into the mirror. I swore I would keep this one stock other than leveling kit.
Service manager did say they have had some initializing issues after reboot of the system when doing flashes.
And why would I worry? Because the local dealers suck. I really hate going to this one. But they had the damn oil in stock!

I updated my 8.4A with the new hack proof update after which I had a similar issue. Upon starting my truck I got a service trailer brake message and the park sense turned itself off and wouldn't come back on. This happened twice and now has stopped...hopefully it won't do it anymore.

Also, get your oil on Amazon. They have good prices and 'free' delivery if you have Prime. Heck, I think you could get a Prime trial, order a butt load of oil and then cancel the subscription. And as a bonus, you most likely won't have to pay sales tax depending on where you live.

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Snake_Eyes I hear you. I needed it done ASAP. The guy I use couldn't get if for a few days. I forgot to order the last time a sale was posted. SO here we are. Other than thier insisting I cut the wires etc..The truck is fixed now. I think.

madmacks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey I am aware this is an old post. But I have not been able to find anybody with the same issues or anything close. No one can fix my traction control light as well as trailer service brake light. The dealership Will tell me they fixed it shut it off and while I'm driving home it will all come back. A few years ago the truck would just shut off on its own it didn't matter how I started it or how slow or how fast what the temperature was or how my battery was I've had to figure it all out and it's been quite frustrating. I recently felt the transmission almost slipping. the wheel sensors r fine. I have had many ppl and code readers, so now I am exploring further. I have even went to the FCA to see if they could do anything but of course its all just a circle. I am going to check out the steering angle sensor and transmission control unit perhaps. did anyone find any answers?