What exhaust for 6.4 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I did the Flowmaster 50HD duel in & duel out. Sounds really good at idle & part throttle. It is a little too raspy for my liking when you get into it. I have had flowmaster 50 series on other trucks & it sounded great so I think it might have something to do with the duel in/out. I was just trying to save some money with one muffler & someone told me this set up would also act as an X-pipe.

I would like to edit this post. I have heard exhaust will "break in" & have a little different tone after a bit. Oddly enough after about a year mine started sounding really good. I really noticed it after we towed the boat a long distance over Labor Day Weekend. Maybe the extra over long distance assisted in the break in. Very happy with the way it sounds now!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys let us know if we can help out with your purchase. We offer discounts on everything!

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sorry to seem dense, but is the Flowmaster Super 40 muffler just a bolt in? I don't feel like rolling around under my truck in the snow to measure/ check. I'd be interested if it's something I can just bolt in with adding/ cutting any pipe.

Sent from my mobile

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
None of them are a straight bolt in unless you get the Mufflex kit or one of the complete cat-back systems.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a few car back options like MBRP, AFE, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, etc...

Let us know if we can quote you with your discount

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i am having a tough time on deciding my exhaust setup.
so far i think resonator and muffler come out. replace muffler section under cab with resonator. replace the back end with a smaller magnaflow muffler and welded on downturn tip that sits behind rear wheel well.

does anyone run no muffler with stock resonator before an aftermaket mufffler?

EastWestHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
6.4 w/4.10s
I installed the Gibson cat back single exhaust on my crew/long bed. Although it says it is for a short bed, it fit my long bed fine. I had to remove it because it didn't pass the wife test, too loud. When started it was REALLY loud, when warmed up it wasn't overly loud, but loud in the 1700-1800 rpm range. I knew going in that is was a gamble in my situation, I had a duel 2.5" Gibson on a chevy 1500 5.3 about 17 years ago and it was tame, nothing like the 616611 system.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I put a Magnaflow on mine and removed the resonator. Sounded good.

Md - is that your truck in the vid? If so what pn MagnaFlow did you get? Were you able to get the stock pipes apart and just install the mag? What did you put in place of the resonator?

Did you try it with the resonator still in place? If so how did that sound?

Do you have drone at highway speeds or in eco?

I dont know what yours sounds like outside the truck if that is your truck, but i think that sounds real good. Thanks.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Md - is that your truck in the vid? If so what pn MagnaFlow did you get? Were you able to get the stock pipes apart and just install the mag? What did you put in place of the resonator?

Did you try it with the resonator still in place? If so how did that sound?

Do you have drone at highway speeds or in eco?

I dont know what yours sounds like outside the truck if that is your truck, but i think that sounds real good. Thanks.

Yes, that is my truck in the vid.

I don't remember the part number but it was a 3" SI/SO, offset/offset.

The muffler was clamped so that made removal easy. We did have to weld in a short piece of pipe as the Magnaflow was shorter than the OEM muffler. We resused the factory clamps.

The resonator was removed (I never ran it with the Magnaflow and resonator combined) and we just bent up a pipe with a bevel cut at the end to dump out right behind the bumper.

I turned off MDS with a custom tune. I did have a small bit of drone around 1500 RPM but it wasn't bad at all.

It sounded good outside the truck. My wife would drive it now and then and I'd just stand outside on the porch as she drove away, listening. Cruising next to walls or through tunnels, or even a WOT blast in those spots, let me know it sounded damn good.

20150411_124716_zps5xvpv9bd.jpg

20150411_124800_zpssjlyrdcg.jpg

PICT0003_zpstmwbndur.jpg

20150411_124747_zpstl1jmes7.jpg

PICT0001_zpsm5fesonp.jpg

052516%20Cedar%20Ram%2002_zps7vguppv3.jpg

I think the muffler is still good if ya want it... :D

20170324_141338_zpsb1wyebhf.jpg

luckydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0487.JPG IMG_0488.JPG I have the Magnaflow 19200 on mine. It fit my longbed fine and does move the resonator. However, after 2 1/2 years I wouldn't recommend it. Despite what they advertise, these don't look like stainless pipes.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I was telling a buddy about the notorious flapper in the OEM 6.4 exhaust, and he was not believing it. Does any body have a photo of the stock muffler showing the flapper? I know there were some on here, but I searched and searched and can't find them.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Anybody know where I can find the bolt on exhaust hanger that come with the Muffex kit without buying the kit?