Why weight distribution is important.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
I just saw that on my Popular Mechanics channel. I feel that this is one of those things that dads should teach their boys and should not be one of those things you learn the hard way because the hard way could be deadly. I remember when my Father taught me this. We were loading up his old Ford 4000 tractor and he was going over where to put the weight and why.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I seen this on facebook earlier and saved the link to share here. Such a great way to demonstrate the effects of tongue weight.

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just saw that on my Popular Mechanics channel. I feel that this is one of those things that dads should teach their boys and should not be one of those things you learn the hard way because the hard way could be deadly. I remember when my Father taught me this. We were loading up his old Ford 4000 tractor and he was going over where to put the weight and why.

I had to learn on my own. Thankfully I read up on everything before I started towing for the first time. My dad never towed anything. We lived in the city and he had no need to tow anything.

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watched a demo like this one except it had an additional weight stack in the center

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its scary how many do not understand the concept of towing......

If you want to be white knuckled and crap your pants come drive in a california big city...... Scary!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01