Winter Prep ! Who's Ready ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just out of curiosity who plows with their 5.7L or 6.4L ?.

What kind of plow set ups are you guys using ?. Snow plowing has always been a truck activity that I want to learn how to do. I love driving my truck around in the snow and I love making money so it is a great combo lol hahahahaha. I will be learning this season from one of my friends at work who does it on the side.

Last edited:

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sub'd. I have been thinking about a way to make this big ***** work for her keep, figure in my neighbourhood this might be ideal. I whole bunch of huge driveways and bays full of retired snowbirds willing to pay to have it done.

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I realized that if I am "doomed" to have sub par mpg from a truck... I might as well have a truck that can be a work horse to accomplish anything I need lol. In the Philadelphia area there is plenty of money to made, when we get a white winter. This area is odd I think. It is feast or famine when it comes to snow here.

My buddy plows for a contractor who has contracts for Verizon properties and a few other companies in the area. My buddy has his own truck, plow, and insurance which may seem like a lot on the start up, but his truck is his daily driver. My buddy is subcontracted at $80 p/hr to salt and plow. That does not include the local driveways he knocks out as well. I am really looking forward to learning this skill.

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is this "snow" thing you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Florida here

Getting ready by drinking beer and wearing socks with sandals in this 67 degrees blizzard lol.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I choose the ladder- the Bucks pile up when pulling wealthy tourist out of the snow ;).. and when they are pulled over on the side of the road and can't get their chains/ cables off of their luxury lease and they say- they can't get them off- here is a c note if you can- " trusty ole bolt cuters" They just want to get back to So Cal as soon as possible.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
My rig is ready. 4 Tire chains, winch, 33x12.5x15 Duratracs, lights, new 192 t-stat, flat deck, bumpers, tow points front and rear, gloves, straps, toolbox, stereo, two 10" subs, amp. You know, basics.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm prepped for winter... have a trip to Florida planned in February!

Seriously I looked into plowing, but I decided against it. Around here you need a salt spreader too if you want any commercial jobs. I'm a little concerned about extra wear and tear on the truck from the plow... but having salt thrown around everywhere is really what concerns me the most...

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's here. Got the sand bags in the back 4 days ago.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
It's here. Got the sand bags in the back 4 days ago.

Meanwhile in Texas!

20151121_105710.jpg

Last edited:

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
He's probably drenched in sweat! At least some of us can dress for the weather :)

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
He's probably drenched in sweat! At least some of us can dress for the weather :)

Nope, try again. It's 64F.

20151121_132336.jpg

I also dress for weather. It's called shorts and a T-thirt. Best part is what the woman wear. Yoga pants in the winter and bikinis in the summer. God I love Texas.

Last edited:

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thats why I said probably. Some of Texico is currently in the 80s . BTW, you might want to clean your screen

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Thats why I said probably. Some of Texico is currently in the 80s . BTW, you might want to clean your screen

It's called Texas haas. Learn your history, we kicked Mexico's ass our of here in 1836 all by ourselves so calling it "Texico" just shows ignorance. Oh wait that's right, you are just saying that to e a douche.

We also don't sweet in 80F. Maybe in 90F and above, but 80F is still pretty cool here.

Also, my screen is dirty because I have been going down dirt roads hauling cattle and hay around. Getting dirty is what happens when you work, but I would expect a city boy to understand that.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Lets have some fun. Im bored. The reason I said that is not cause of any past history. But, well.....

80's is cool? Well, we dont freeze when its 30 or 40 and you probably would. Whats your point?

How do you know what kind of area I live in. You never heard of farms in NY?

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Lets have some fun. Im bored. The reason I said that is not cause of any past history. But, well.....

80's is cool? Well, we dont freeze when its 30 or 40 and you probably would. Whats your point?

How do you know what kind of area I live in. You never heard of farms in NY?

Well your gonna have to stay bored cause I still got work to do and and an evening hunt in a few hours. Maybe I'll hit you up if I get bored in the stand. Until then, your not worth my time.

Although on a side not, if you did have farms in New York and you weren't such a city boy then you wouldn't be so **** about a little dirt.

Last edited: