Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Specialty Vehicles > Dodge Ram Rebel Forum

Dodge Ram Rebel Forum

Few rebel questions

This is a discussion on Few rebel questions within the Dodge Ram Rebel Forum forums, part of the Dodge Ram Specialty Vehicles category!
Is the all black seats with tread pattern all cloth, or is it leather or vinyl trimmed? Is a rebel ...

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default Rebel questions
Is the all black seats with tread pattern all cloth, or is it leather or vinyl trimmed?

Is a rebel louder than a stock ram?

Trying to figure this out before I go to the dealer tomorrow. Wife doesn't want a loud truck, and isn't fond of all cloth seats.

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

usaf2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2017 Ram Rebel
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
The Rebel has a cloth and vinyl mix. The vinyl feels like leather but its not. I really like it myself. The cloth part (Center area of each seat) has the imprint of the Toyo tires on it. Kind of a cool addition.

The Rebel isn't any louder than a stock 1500 (in my experience). Its got the same exhust and hemi. If you start adding things...new muffler, tips, intake...of course its going to be louder...if you don't...should be just fine.

One thing to note...the stock Rebel comes with a silver front skid plate and red trimmed seats and dash. The sides of the seats are red, the rest black. There is a "Dark" Option..something like $500 onto the MSRP that makes the seats all black and has a black front skid plate.

Mine doesn't have the "Dark" option...but for some reason has the all black interior, with the silver skid plate. Just something to think about when you look around at RAM's.

Good luck with your choice! I love the air suspension in mine and the off road tires really set it apart from regular RAM's. Its all personal choice...can't go wrong with a Rebel or a Sport or any other model...they're all RAM's at heart
DRkNESS, R.L.K. and Curlyp like this.

S&B Intake / Carven Progressive w/ 5" Black Tips / Lock'er Down console safe / Infinity Speaker swap / Hood Decal / Billet Catch Can / Pedal Commander / Magnetic Gun Mount / Bayou Goat Mount...Lots of Extras
Previous: 2014 Durango R/T / 2004 S/C Mercury Marauder (550hp)
unxpctd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the great reply! The one I'm looking at has the all black seats with the tire imprint still, but I couldn't tell by the pictures if it was all cloth. The window sticker didn't mention anything about it being cloth or vinyl.

My wife was concerned the Rebel would be louder because she read two articles how the Rebel has "snorting" exhaust as they called it. I told her it'd be the same as a stock Ram, but she was weary.

I'm ready to pull the trigger, but now she's getting cold feet lol. We'll see if I can convince her tomorrow!
unxpctd likes this.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: 5.7
Only thing that will be louder are the tires.
usaf2006 likes this.
Skubasteve! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Figured that too. My 285s on my truck hum quite loud now tho, so that's fine haha

Old 08-16-2017, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2007
Originally Posted by usaf2006 View Post
Figured that too. My 285s on my truck hum quite loud now tho, so that's fine haha
I'm so friggin jealous man lol... I'm dying to get a 17 rebel... I'm hoping 2018 4th of July sales I'll get one but we'll see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
usaf2006 likes this.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by unxpctd View Post
The Rebel has a cloth and vinyl mix. The vinyl feels like leather but its not. I really like it myself. The cloth part (Center area of each seat) has the imprint of the Toyo tires on it. Kind of a cool addition.

The Rebel isn't any louder than a stock 1500 (in my experience). Its got the same exhust and hemi. If you start adding things...new muffler, tips, intake...of course its going to be louder...if you don't...should be just fine.

One thing to note...the stock Rebel comes with a silver front skid plate and red trimmed seats and dash. The sides of the seats are red, the rest black. There is a "Dark" Option..something like $500 onto the MSRP that makes the seats all black and has a black front skid plate.

Mine doesn't have the "Dark" option...but for some reason has the all black interior, with the silver skid plate. Just something to think about when you look around at RAM's.

Good luck with your choice! I love the air suspension in mine and the off road tires really set it apart from regular RAM's. Its all personal choice...can't go wrong with a Rebel or a Sport or any other model...they're all RAM's at heart
You said the sides of the seats are red, what about the backs? Just curious kuz I've been looking at rebels also and every single one has all black interior except one, which had black front then sides of seats AND back of seats were red as well as all red stitching instead of white... I thought it must've been some special edition but from what it sounded like what you said it's the base model? Lol, kuz man I LOVED that red

usaf2006 likes this.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by ramportin1 View Post
I'm so friggin jealous man lol... I'm dying to get a 17 rebel... I'm hoping 2018 4th of July sales I'll get one but we'll see.

Hopefully the wife gives the green light lol!!!! I want it so bad, its a beast!

Old 08-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by usaf2006 View Post
Hopefully the wife gives the green light lol!!!! I want it so bad, its a beast!
It is my dream truck

usaf2006 likes this.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: 5.7
Originally Posted by ramportin1 View Post
You said the sides of the seats are red, what about the backs? Just curious kuz I've been looking at rebels also and every single one has all black interior except one, which had black front then sides of seats AND back of seats were red as well as all red stitching instead of white... I thought it must've been some special edition but from what it sounded like what you said it's the base model? Lol, kuz man I LOVED that red

The back of the seats are red also, the only part of my Rebel I hate are the seats. I like the red and black but hate the cloth in set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usaf2006 likes this.
transam210 is offline   Reply With Quote