Custom Blind Spot Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update: Yesterday I received samples produced from the molds with the latest design changes...and with that...I am extremely pleased with the changes we made. None of the changes affected the functionality, they all pertained to fitment and making sure the blind spot mirrors followed the design of the OEM side mirrors.

I signed off on the changes so now the Blind Spot Mirrors are on the schedule to be manufactured.

Because the changes were enough to also change the mirror (glass) pieces, they need to be re-sized which takes a few days.

The schedule now should lend itself for me seeing inventory around 5/13. I wish it was sooner, but I am so glad I took the time to make the latest changes, as I know you will be happier as well.

I will post an update when the time gets closer, but feel free to ask any questions in the meantime. Attached is a picture of how it fits to the stock mirror.

Wade

Attachments

• 20160422_144401_001.jpg
    20160422_144401_001.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 105

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey Lou...1 3/4" from side to side at the widest point. Assuming you are asking how wide it is...? Didn't you ask this before?

Wade, I think he might have been asking how far it sticks out from the face of the mirror it self. I would like to know this too. I may not buy towing mirrors now! Or at least get me a set of these to fill the gap.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wade, I think he might have been asking how far it sticks out from the face of the mirror it self. I would like to know this too. I may not buy towing mirrors now! Or at least get me a set of these to fill the gap.

Jeffrey! Hey man...good to hear from you! The thickness on the inside edge (closest to the truck) is 3/4" and reduces to 9/16" on the outside edge.

I have had prototypes on my truck since the beginning of the year and they have worked flawlessly! Both for regular use and for towing trailers, I love them!

Wade

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm down for a set! I don't tow enough to warrant the cost of a set of tow mirrors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm down for a set! I don't tow enough to warrant the cost of a set of tow mirrors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You got it, Alaskanpeeps! Thank you for your interest in Blind Spot Mirrors. We are almost there!

Wade

ufokillerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
any long term worries like tape loosening due to heated mirrors?

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
any long term worries like tape loosening due to heated mirrors?

ufokillerz...exactly what SitKneelBend said. The adhesive is a 3M product and you will notice that it holds very strong to the mirror. It is one of the things I tested the most as I certainly didn't want any of these falling off my customers' mirrors.

Weather will be much harsher to the product than the defrosting feature, but still will hold up just fine. Of course, as with anything...making sure the mirror is thoroughly clean when you install it will be the biggest factor in the long term adhesion to the factory mirror.

Wade

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any updates for these?

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Any updates for these?

Yes...I was going to wait until tomorrow to give the big news, but since you asked...

Yesterday they finished being manufactured, and today my first shipment was shipped to me (picture attached). I should see them middle of next week. At which point I will start selling them on my website Wadestar Products. Ram Truck Phone Holder

If any of you want the enjoyment of being able to order them before anyone else, please send me your email address (if you haven't do so already) at [email protected]

Wade

Attachments

• Package.jpg
    Package.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 123

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Yes...I was going to wait until tomorrow to give the big news, but since you asked...

Yesterday they finished being manufactured, and today my first shipment was shipped to me (picture attached). I should see them middle of next week. At which point I will start selling them on my website Wadestar Products. Ram Truck Phone Holder

If any of you want the enjoyment of being able to order them before anyone else, please send me your email address (if you haven't do so already) at [email protected]

Wade

I can't wait to get and try these!! As always great job Wadestar

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Wade
Email Sent

Rafa5e5t6yf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif