Custom Blind Spot Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good thing come to those who wait patiently

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
When I first started to design it for the non-dimming mirrors, it was going to be simple...just make one a bit bigger. But, then the complaints started coming in. People said they couldn't see enough, they didn't see anything at all, etc. etc. etc.

I simply had to take a step back and look at the project in whole and see if there is a better solution.

I am sorry it has taken longer than you wished. Manufacturing this stuff is not a cheap venture and I can't afford to rush something out the door if it isn't something that is going to work for my customers. I currently have $13K wrapped up in the first blind spot mirror that is pretty much a total loss. I could have traded my truck in and got one with tow mirrors for that price, so believe me...this hasn't been exactly a fun walk in the park for me either.

Wade

I used to run an online business that I started from scratch. Did it for twelve years and it supported my family (kind of) during that whole time. I had a few products manufactured for me in China and there were multiple production runs that were built wrong and the company walked away and refused to make it right. It cost me just in that production run over $60K and I ended up eating failures that had already got out into the hands of customers for the next 2-years. It destroyed my cash flow and I had little ability to recover because I didn't have the capital to make it through that hit. I was an Internet business so of course, the news spread like wildfire. Even failures that had nothing to do with the original problem were getting blamed on my poor Q/C. Eventually, I closed my doors and re-entered the workforce. I did so without leaving any unpaid bills and I made right for all customers that I could realistically do so for.

So tread carefully Wade. You are a good guy but when you put many tens of thousands of dollars of product out the door and there is a problem... you will lose sleep and your family will suffer. It about drove me over the edge for those 2-3 years to have a product I sold failing in customers hands. Unfortunately, it only bothers those with a conscious.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Personally, I don't consider the first run to be defective at all Wade. It fits slightly different on one type of mirror than others but still fits. The geometry involved with where a driver's eyes are relative to the mirror vary greatly and it looks like your new design covers that base as well.

I won't be asking for a free upgrade, I'll be buying a new set...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree. I like the original set but they were a test in my mind. For me I did have issues with them being thick closer to the truck and losing disability there. That being said, I have no complaints. I understood that you are a small business testing a design. When the new ones come out, I will happily buy a set. No freebies needed here.

Wade, I still recommend that you at least get a piece of aspherical glass and test it. It may resolve the issue of a flat mirror while still giving a good view of the blind spot.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used to run an online business that I started from scratch. Did it for twelve years and it supported my family (kind of) during that whole time. I had a few products manufactured for me in China and there were multiple production runs that were built wrong and the company walked away and refused to make it right. It cost me just in that production run over $60K and I ended up eating failures that had already got out into the hands of customers for the next 2-years. It destroyed my cash flow and I had little ability to recover because I didn't have the capital to make it through that hit. I was an Internet business so of course, the news spread like wildfire. Even failures that had nothing to do with the original problem were getting blamed on my poor Q/C. Eventually, I closed my doors and re-entered the workforce. I did so without leaving any unpaid bills and I made right for all customers that I could realistically do so for.

So tread carefully Wade. You are a good guy but when you put many tens of thousands of dollars of product out the door and there is a problem... you will lose sleep and your family will suffer. It about drove me over the edge for those 2-3 years to have a product I sold failing in customers hands. Unfortunately, it only bothers those with a conscious.

kevperro...I am so sorry to hear about your internet business. You are exactly right, internet can be finicky beast. You can make thousands, or lose thousands...and there is a fine line that decides which side you end up on.

I really appreciate the kindness and absolutely appreciate the truthful outlook because of the valleys you walked through. I am glad you are on this side of things. You are a good man, and I too will never walk away from something until I know I can sleep at night because all the right and honest decisions were made.

Thank you, again!

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Personally, I don't consider the first run to be defective at all Wade. It fits slightly different on one type of mirror than others but still fits. The geometry involved with where a driver's eyes are relative to the mirror vary greatly and it looks like your new design covers that base as well.

I won't be asking for a free upgrade, I'll be buying a new set...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend, you have been a great, great friend to me from the beginning and I so appreciate you!!

Wade

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I agree. I like the original set but they were a test in my mind. For me I did have issues with them being thick closer to the truck and losing disability there. That being said, I have no complaints. I understood that you are a small business testing a design. When the new ones come out, I will happily buy a set. No freebies needed here.

Wade, I still recommend that you at least get a piece of aspherical glass and test it. It may resolve the issue of a flat mirror while still giving a good view of the blind spot.

hunter99, Thank you for this nice note. I really appreciate your kindness and I am thankful for your honesty, but also encouragement.

I took all the 'complaints' from the 1st generation mirror and tried like heck to make sure all was accomplished in the 2nd generation. I think with this design, it will hit on a lot of the key points people mentioned that needed to be improved.

I got an email this morning while in Church (you shouldn't be looking at your phone in Church, but it was an email from my Manufacturer) that said they just finished the 2nd prototype and they are sending it to me tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of the week I can give a report on how this next step goes. I have high hopes, but I really want to test the surface of this new mirror.

Thank you, again hunter99!

Wade

11BPSMIKE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been running Wades mirrors for a week and feel he did a awesome job in design and production. With mirrors adjusted properly my blind spot is protected. I have the dimming mirrors.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been running Wades mirrors for a week and feel he did a awesome job in design and production. With mirrors adjusted properly my blind spot is protected. I have the dimming mirrors.

11BPSMIKE Thank you so much I really appreciate your feedback and your kind words!!

Wade

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Went to his website, for blind spot mirror, all I found were some phone holders for a console cubby hole I do not even have.(Front Bench)

A the mirrors a discontinued item?

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not discontinued just being redesigned

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Went to his website, for blind spot mirror, all I found were some phone holders for a console cubby hole I do not even have.(Front Bench)

A the mirrors a discontinued item?

gofishn, I still have the 1st generation mirrors and I continue to sell them, but not on my website. You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thank you!
Wade

weems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new design looks awesome! I bought the first runs, and will most likely buy these as well.

Thanks wade

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought the first run blindspot mirrors a few months back and I really like them , I guess the only thing I'd change is the thickness.

So does anyone have pictures of the "new " style installed ?

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont beleive the new style are ready yet, im still patiently waiting for wade to ship me a new style set, still have the original ones sitting on my tool box unfortunately they dont work for me