Custom Blind Spot Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Really curious to know what you paid to have this done.

AustinB, I have been working with a manufacturer on another product of mine...the RPC Phone Holder (Ram Truck Phone Holder - WadeStar Products) and I approached them on this idea. Since I had a working relationship with them already, they were willing to make some prototypes for me...of course, charging me their time and material, but what they did was CNC machine the plastic parts and then found a mirror company to cut the glass.

It was fairly spendy, but unless I had a working model, I would never know if I liked them...much less be able to show others. And, since I fell in love with them the first day I put them on, I thought I would go to the next step and see if anyone else is interested in something like this. So far, so good!

I can say this, the numbers are real close in being able to get this manufactured, but I am just waiting for the price of packaging and a couple other costs.

Thank you for your interest and I hope this answers your question!

Wade

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thrasher,

I actually designed it, and had a company make me two prototypes. One for each side.

Now the question is...do I want to go forward and have them manufactured and sell them, or not.

Yes, try to recoupe some of the cost of designing it.. I know for a fact I would buy one... it was my bigest grip with my RCSB and its driver side blindspot... I have a cheapo little square bubble mirror in the corner of my mirror, looks like absolute crap.. I bet you can market this product make a little cash and recoupe your investment into the design and production cost of your one off...

Let me know when you make one... I'll buy a set

greg.hunt.18041

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 2012 1500 already have that style mirror on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So when does production start?? It's snowmobile season and I'll be towing my trailer, sure would be nice to have a set.

A05GSHO,

Thank you for the interest in this!

I am finalizing the contract as we speak to have them manufactured...but...it does take a while. As in, the moulds have to be machined, there is a bit more design work and a few other smaller things. I am going to throw a guess out there and say it is going to be about March before I have the product in hand.

One thing I could do is...if by chance I get any more prototypes, I could send you a set to try out. Email me your contact info at [email protected] and at least then I will know how to get in touch with you.

Thank you,
Wade

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
A05GSHO,

I am finalizing the contract as we speak to have them manufactured...but...it does take a while. As in, the moulds have to be machined, there is a bit more design work and a few other smaller things. I am going to throw a guess out there and say it is going to be about March before I have the product in hand.

One thing I could do is...if by chance I get any more prototypes, I could send you a set to try out. Email me your contact info at [email protected] and at least then I will know how to get in touch with you.

Thank you,
Wade

I GREATLY appreciate the offer, but I honestly wouldn't put them on until the temps got warmer in these parts. It's well below freezing and wouldn't want to run in to an issue applying them and not sticking well when it's cold. I can wait. I'll be watching this thread and I'm sure when they start to role off the production line you'll be sure to let us know. :favorites13:

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
A05GSHO,

Thank you,

Wade

Wade I would be down to test out some of the prototypes and help out anyway I could..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are you going to be able to keep up if Ram changes their mirror design? Those look great, btw.

Skrap,

We shall see. The only way this pencils out is the fact that Ram put this SAME mirror on 403 truck variations from 2009-2015. So...there are a few of these out on the road! ;) The good news is, going forward Ram (should) start making more stock mirrors with a split configuration.

I am just trying to help those of us out who were stuck with the old, single pane mirrors.

Thank you for your interest, and kind words! I really appreciate it!

Wade

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thank you everyone who has responded to this Post.

With your great response, and valuable input, I have decided to go forward and have these manufactured. As with my other product, the RPC Phone Holder, no corners will be cut, and this product will be the best it can be. That means, if you order it, you will be absolutely proud to put it on your beautiful Ram Truck.

I will keep you posted on the steps to get this to Market. First is to really nail down the design so it exactly matches the stock mirrors.

Thank you, again!

Wade