Custom Blind Spot Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Great to hear! I am glad they got to you, safe and sound! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Wade

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dan1911, The heated mirrors will have no effect on them. Although, the -50 is something I didn't test. I have had them on my truck in freezing temps here in the states with no problem, but I haven't tested them to that point.

Also, I believe you asked about the size. The original (RM9) mirrors were on the outside edge...from top to bottom. People either loved them or hated them. I decided to redesign them to the current version, which is an awesome mirror.

Let me know if I can help you at all!

Wade

Excellent, I am happy to be the guinea pig for the insanely-cold-temp control group lol. Just waiting for amazon to release it to prime in a few days and then its time to order!
Im very excited and I will report back once I get them to let you know how well they adhere in the low temps, should be around -5 or so by the time they get here.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just received them and I already installed them.

I liked the older style but now that I installed these they are top notch they look great (oem) and I can already tell they are going to help a lot with the blind spots.

Thanks again Wade

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just received them and I already installed them.

I liked the older style but now that I installed these they are top notch they look great (oem) and I can already tell they are going to help a lot with the blind spots.

Thanks again Wade

lonestar21, Great to hear and I am glad you like them. They look sharp on your mirrors and I appreciate your kind words!

As always, if there is anything I can do for you, I am here for you!

Wade

FMcDaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Wade, I received them today. They look great, I will try to install tomorrow if I make it home early from work. I will take pictures once I have them on.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed mine this afternoon. Very nicely done Wade! Although I was happy with the RM09 version, I have to say these are definitely a bit more sleek looking. They also cover the Blindspot really well.

If you look at this picture, you can see the back corner of the red car in the blindspot mirror even though it's sitting directly next to the truck. They provide a very nice field of view. Thanks Wade, very nicely done!!!

55f852002d99c8710284fdf68aeb372d.jpg

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I installed mine this afternoon. Very nicely done Wade! Although I was happy with the RM09 version, I have to say these are definitely a bit more sleek looking. They also cover the Blindspot really well.

If you look at this picture, you can see the back corner of the red car in the blindspot mirror even though it's sitting directly next to the truck. They provide a very nice field of view. Thanks Wade, very nicely done!!!

55f852002d99c8710284fdf68aeb372d.jpg

That looks sharp!!

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good Morning Wade!

I received your package in the mail yesterday with my free pair of the new and improved spot mirrors. Since I am used to my mirrors, I decided since these were free for me, I would pay it forward a little bit. I made a small donation to my fire department for our 2010 Power Wagon which lacked any type of spot mirror - this will help with safer operations of the truck to and from incidents. Plus they look great and how it should have come from the factory.

Thanks!

picture.php

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good Morning Wade!

I received your package in the mail yesterday with my free pair of the new and improved spot mirrors. Since I am used to my mirrors, I decided since these were free for me, I would pay it forward a little bit. I made a small donation to my fire department for our 2010 Power Wagon which lacked any type of spot mirror - this will help with safer operations of the truck to and from incidents. Plus they look great and how it should have come from the factory.

Thanks!

picture.php

Stringer,

That is absolutely commendable! This is such a great story!

I thank you for paying it forward and you are a great inspiration to us all. Can you email me your supervisor's info at [email protected] as I would like to make sure you are given full credit for this gesture!

Wade

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got mine today, there bigger than I thought they would be, which is a good thing. I'll be hauling my trailer home this weekend so I'll see how well they work. :favorites13:

bsmarble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got mine and installed today!! Nice product, thank you. I put mine on the bottom so I can better see my rear tires so I don't scuff the curb I park next to every day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am debating if I should put them on top or bottom. Any suggestions from people that have done both?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I am debating if I should put them on top or bottom. Any suggestions from people that have done both?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Spent a fair amount of time trying them in both locations, I chose the top. Let's me see road and still gives me the width of the mirror where I want it.

Lastly, if you look at most OEM truck mirrors with this feature, you will see them on the top.

FMcDaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally installed last night, a definite improvement from the first ones and yea, they look great. Great job Wade. 0d33be90dd240c6fda487a29922befe7.jpgb50fa436116550438578176a4372603e.jpg

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Finally installed last night, a definite improvement from the first ones and yea, they look great. Great job Wade. 0d33be90dd240c6fda487a29922befe7.jpgb50fa436116550438578176a4372603e.jpg

Thank you for feedback Farrell! They look great!!

Wade

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello everyone!

After a week of having the mirrors in the marketplace, I wanted to give everyone an update.

First off...thank you everyone who has ordered the mirrors. The feedback has been great and I appreciate all that have placed orders.

Secondly, as of today the mirrors are now 'Prime' eligible on Amazon. If you have an Amazon Prime Membership, you can now get free shipping on the mirrors. https://www.amazon.com/WadeStar-RM1...677618&sr=8-1&keywords=RM10+blind+spot+mirror

Lastly, with all the great things happening in the last week, unfortunately there is also a little bad news. In a small percentage of the mirrors, we have noticed an issue with the adhesive that holds the mirror to the base piece. There is a reaction going on with the 3M adhesive and the back surface of the mirror. This can cause a blemish in the mirror and/or making the mirror not adhere to the base plate.

We are feverishly, but thoroughly looking at an alternative adhesive and once an adhesive is selected, we are going to run a whole new set of inventory. We are hoping this will all happen in the next week.

If you do have an affected mirror(s), email me at [email protected] and I will send you out replacements immediately as I want to make sure you are completely taken care of.

Thank you again. It has been an exciting week and I hope you feel the same.

Wade Starkenburg
WadeStar, LLC

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I received a set of the defective mirrors today. Wade has already got me a replacement set in the mail. Outstanding customer service. Very nice mirrors.
:happy107:

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wade, with my problem not being the viewing angle the mirror provoides, but rather the actual size of the objects in the mirror being harder to see, and Liking the Tow mirror style blind spot mirrors, would your original design mirrors be better in my case? If so, I don't see these options available on amazon. I'm sure your not producing them anymore.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wade, with my problem not being the viewing angle the mirror provoides, but rather the actual size of the objects in the mirror being harder to see, and Liking the Tow mirror style blind spot mirrors, would your original design mirrors be better in my case? If so, I don't see these options available on amazon. I'm sure your not producing them anymore.

mpicc84,

I still have some of the RM9 mirrors available. You can send me a message at [email protected] and I can set you up a set of those.

As to answer your question on what would work best for you. It is really hard for me to answer that. Everyone wants something different out of their blind spot mirrors. It sounds like you have very specific desires on what it should do. I would guess that it could come down to you trying different styles and see what works best for your needs.

Wade