01 SLT 4wd 318 Beater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

01RamSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.2L
CEL popped on for P0455 and P0442 codes. I cleared them but haven't driven it yet to make sure it sets the monitors. It passed inspection fine and ran all the monitors at that time...2 weeks ago. We'll see.

Video update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T26YiGJ1txs

OP
OP

01RamSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.2L
Codes didn't come back. I suspect a bad gas cap seal.

OP
OP

01RamSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.2L
So I have been chasing a rough idle and off the line stumble for a couple days now. We got 2ft of snow recently and the truck is just awesome in the deep stuff. But I discovered the idle problem in the middle of the storm which was very poor timing. I was told by the previous owner that he chased an idle problem before replacing the IAC. I haven't had time to check it yet but the IAC might be bad again or the port is plugged up pretty good. The engine will start making a loud air rushing noise after sitting in park for a couple minutes. I was given a spare IAC by a fellow Ram owner here at work. Once this snow clears I will get on it.

Other than that the truck is just being driven. I have almost 1000 miles on it since I plated it. I enjoy it for the most part.