'17 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im digging the all black. I had my old 06 set up like that with black 22 srt 10 wheels

OP
OP
akennedyusmc

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey y'all. Work has been stupid crazy and I haven't had a chance to do anything with my truck lately. I ordered a y harness light kit from JHD Lighting and it turns your mirror turn indicators into running lights and turn indicators. I ordered them about 2 months ago and haven't been touched.
On a different note I think my next mod will be exhaust. Just a subtle tone. Nothing too crazy. I do like to have conversations with people that ride in the back seat, but also something louder compared to stock.
I'm up for any suggestions. I've seen a lot of the exhaust videos on here but it's hard to know what they really sound like on a phone lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I really liked the Magnaflow I put on my 2007 5.7L

It wasn't obnoxious, had a nice tone to it when cruising but when you got on it, you could tell there something powerful going on under the hood.

Good luck with your choice.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll find the Borla ProXS is well liked by folks here. I've got one sitting in my garage now, too (40349), but I can't tell you how it sounds because I haven't made the time to get it installed. I'm not worried, though, as too many folks have reported rave reviews for this muffler.

I can vouch for Borla's build quality...it's a real shame nobody but me will ever this workd of art once it's in place. The thing is gorgeous!

Anyway, something else folks here will tell you is to consider getting bigger tips along with a new muffler as those will only enhance the new sound. I'm considering a pair of Borla's 20236 to keep with the Borla theme, but there are lots of good options out there!

TXCOMT

OP
OP
akennedyusmc

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really liked the Magnaflow I put on my 2007 5.7L

It wasn't obnoxious, had a nice tone to it when cruising but when you got on it, you could tell there something powerful going on under the hood.

Good luck with your choice.
You happen to remember the pn?

You'll find the Borla ProXS is well liked by folks here. I've got one sitting in my garage now, too (40349), but I can't tell you how it sounds because I haven't made the time to get it installed. I'm not worried, though, as too many folks have reported rave reviews for this muffler.

I can vouch for Borla's build quality...it's a real shame nobody but me will ever this workd of art once it's in place. The thing is gorgeous!

Anyway, something else folks here will tell you is to consider getting bigger tips along with a new muffler as those will only enhance the new sound. I'm considering a pair of Borla's 20236 to keep with the Borla theme, but there are lots of good options out there!

TXCOMT

Thanks I have heard a lot of good things about borla as well! 5" tips are later to finish the black out theme

OP
OP
akennedyusmc

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
463a578d8adc27b800cb79133240b1f4.jpg
Here's how she looks with the new running light mirror mod. I think it looks so much better!

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh man.. Nothin' worse than the first scratch or ding! I so dread the first really noticeable ones on mine. I love the black, but would have preferred a more concealing color on mine.

She's a beauty though. I love the tinted headlamps.

My po-man V6 express QC is similar, but the badging is not blacked out and I have the black plastic wheel covers as opposed to black aluminum wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
akennedyusmc

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a crappy picture but here's a better night view of the mirror mod. 5738beb29fcf7daf1b4d9688449e6fbd.jpg

OP
OP
akennedyusmc

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
a7294dc4afd7f0fb8b662325fa860c02.jpgd5ac7e81b3b3c16ccd2b1ef5793404bb.jpg0dc15cf237694717b0f5a4b79f20a8f9.jpg
Just realized I didn't upload pictures of my 2.8 bils. Love em. .75" or 1" rear spacer is next to bring back some rake since I do tow occasionally