2003 Ram 2500 CCSB 5.7 HEMI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured I should start a build thread since I just bought this truck!

So I had a 98 k1500 ECSB for just over two years that I loved dearly, and on this past weekend I was rear ended by a friend in a K5 Blazer. My truck's frame was bent and it was going to be totaled out.

By happen chance, my dad was looking at new trucks so I bought this blue dodge off him and he went out and bought a 2016 CCSB Ram 2500 with the Cummins the day after my wreck. I was happy to get his old dodge as I have pretty much grown up in it.

This truck my dad bought new in August 2003 from a dealer in Quincy, CA. He traded in a 2000 Toyota Tacoma for it and has had this Dodge since. At one point in 2005 he made the custom offroad bumper and the rocksliders on the side (his business is making offroad sliders for Toyota products) and at one point they were powdercoated silver to match the two tone of the truck. After the silver came off he painted them black and bought a chrome grille.

He put Hummer H2 rims on the truck and machined down the factory Dodge hubcaps to make them fit. Actually looks pretty good!

In terms of maintenance and issues, the truck does have death wobble if the tires are unbalanced. About 5k miles ago the truck did break a valve spring when he was leaving the driveway so he replaced them all and all 16 spark plugs at the same time. Outside of that, it's been a solid truck!

So here goes the build thread on my new Dodge!