2016 Sport - Kinda Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sold my 15 RT to get into a 16 sport CC 2wd. Have kid #2 on the way, and its time for a bit more wiggle room inside the cab.

Factory ordered a CCSB Flame Red loaded up Sport, none available locally(no one buys 2wd's around here). Dealer says it'll take 4-12 weeks, but said usually around 8-9 realistically to get them. Im past 4 weeks already.

As far as plans for the truck, im keeping it really simple, my last daily driver turned into a fully built truck, and im trying to avoid that with this one.

Parts Waiting

-Exterior
Shorty black antenna
LED bulbs for reverse, plate, and cargo lights
HID 5000k front kit
Body shop will shave the rams head on tailgate, paint handle, and antenna base red
I bought a Sport grille with mesh inserts, decided to shave the badge and rework the center bar so the lines flow like stock. My previous trucks have had similar work, custom touches but come across stock

-Stock
2006-gmc-sierra_1500-san_antonio-tx-i2667646725229485219-2.jpg

Modded Stock
IMG_5358_zps19851d49.jpg
WE removed the Center post on the bumper to make 1 big opening(rolled and molded edges) MAde a custom badless OEM grille, and the Hood is off a 01-02 HD Silverado thjat has been cut and molded to work on GMC headlights

-Wheels and Tires
305/35r25 Pirellis
24x10 Dub Swerv Rims - usually not a chrome wheel guy, but on red I think i can pull it off.
DUB_Swerv_Chrome_24x10_A1.jpg

-Drivetrain
Corsa Exhaust
AEM Filter
Stock as stock can be. I was really impressed with how my 15 RT ran, so im hoping this truck will drive similar, if not i'll probably add a TB and a Tune to the Mix.

-Suspension
Was Never happy with my Belltech 964SP. Never dropped the truck enough to my liking, and when I cut the springs another Inch it drove like **** after. This time around for sake of better ride and aesthetics I ordered an Ridetech kit. Im not trying to lay frame by any means with this truck(i have another truck for that) just going for increased ride and adjust ability.

Front is the Shockwave setup
SA-255C-eye-eye.jpg

Rear is a Bag setup to replace stock coils. Ordered the adjustable rear shocks(fronts are adjustable already) so I can dial in rebound evenly
13084099.jpg

For air managment i went with the Airlift 3 p setup. 5 Gallon tank, and one 444C viair black compressor(might have to upgrade to 2, well see). Going to mount 3p and compressor under back seat by back wall, and tank inside frame.

airlift-3P-kit.jpg

Also ordered the Spohn Adjustable rear end kit. Had it on my RT, love how it tightened the rear end up and actually had a centered axle after lowering. Also have Hellwig front and Rear Bars and Hellwig adjustable rear end links

Think thats about it for now, as parts start showing up(alot of it is on order or sitting in boxes here) I'll post some pictures. Then ocne the truck arrives i'll start posting a ton with its progress

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
congrats, I avoided losing toys to kids/brats when I married 25+ years ago. I said to the missy no kids, she agreed so garage is loaded with toys. Congrats on the new tyke seriously.