2017 not your average Storm Trooper Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured I'd start my build thread since the truck came in and I'll be picking it up on Monday. I ordered it back in August and they told me it would be about 24-26 weeks so I was a little surprised to get a email today saying it's in. This is what it will look like but with some changes/ mods.
4ea7f571-c548-43fb-88eb-8d0595293734_zpsdyusk1bb.jpg
Ram%20Rebel%20Back_zpsijstioya.jpg

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the new truck. Good luck with the new and upcoming mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. The truck had most of the options with the 5.7 Hemi, luxury package, skid plates, nav, 4x4, 3.92 gears, ram box, bed liner, trailer brake control, moon roof, 32 gallon tank, ram tonneau cover, alpine system and the keyless enter and go.

The mod list so far are Go Rhino RB10 steps, TRS Mopar HID low beam kit, Flowmaster American Thunder muffler, power folding tow mirrors, window tint, rough country 30" curved SR light bar in the bumper, rigid SRQ back up lights, ASV window vents, PIAA high beam bulbs and the floor storage locks.

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like it, congrats...

Thanks and the wife is saying she doesn't like the ram, she likes my F150 the way I have it but forgets it took some time to get it the way I have it. I'm selling some of the stuff off the F150 so majority of the wish list times can be bought once the old parts sell. It will be a good project for the 1st year since the plan is to try to get most of it done so I don't have to keep doing stuff to the truck even though the projects/ mods aren't ever done.

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Subd for mods!

Thanks and the mods will be coming. This is my F150 now, fully loaded Lariat from the factory, I have Fox 2.5 coil overs and raptor take offs on the back which I'll really miss with the rebel since I'm not taking a $1,200 air suspension off for a $3,000 2.5 shock set up, amp power steps, spay in bed liner, 50 watt morimoto FXR hids, XB fog lights, stainless works cat back with a big 5" tip, Method NV wheels and 34x12.5r18 KO2 tires and a bunch of other smaller mods.
23B4130C-2CB5-4D00-AA78-A53965B3CFB4_zpstnaj4jda.jpg

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
ok and just by the make and model is that enough to figure out what bulb I need? I'm just doing the projector one and do you have a output picture of the 4300 and 5000 colors? I don't something too white/ blue.

Your truck should have 9005 bulbs.

Output.....I don't......4300 will be slightly yellow, 5K will be a pure white

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A quick up date.
I picked up the truck up Monday and I'm still getting use to the changes. I got a few things on monday which are the DeeZee tail gate shock, 3x3 corner bind spot mirrors and a Bolt hitch lock. The blind spot mirrors took a little to get use to and work pretty well but the ford tow mirrors are still the best set up out there cause you could see everything with those.
IMG_0053_zpszniggad6.jpg
Yesterday morning I was putting the DeeZee tail gate shock on and cracked the drivers tail light so I had my tint guy wrap the tail lights when they did the window tint.
IMG_0045_zpszrtvfvvj.jpg
IMG_0050_zps8k3twzfb.jpg
70% tint
IMG_0048_zpsmbgkqg4v.jpg
IMG_0047_zpsozvjzspy.jpg
the Ram tonneau cover I'm not so sure about since I thought it was a roll up but was a soft tri fold that you can't get full access to the bed without taking it off so I'll have to give it some time to see how well it works out for me.

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A guy on the F150 forum was asking about the differences so I came up with somethings just in the few days I've had it.

The few days I've had it.
F150 Pros
Tow Mirrors, better storage in the back/ under the seats, flat back floor, sunglass holder space, better back up camera, better turning radius so something since it's much easier to back up, tail gate step with stipper pole, center console and steering wheel controls are a little easier to use but nothing major but ram has some things that ford didn't so it would be nice to see them standardize the user controls so you can adjust and see what's going on or feature operation, memory seat and mirrors.
Cons
Ecoboost (the power is great but MPGS and over all feel, if you've had V-8 trucks all your life then you'll feel like something is missing), no air ride, no ram box, stupid turn signal stalk (I hated how it never stayed up or down), no aggressive offroad look with the FX4 unless you go to the raptor

Ram Rebel
Pros
Air ride, Ram box, less restrictive traction control when on, off road look and don't have to go to a wide body raptor, rear in floor storage, 33ish" tires, no console shifter to take up space or column shifter,
Cons
no Fords style tow mirrors or standard mirrors with blind spot mirrors, no sunglass holder, no adjustable head rests, they don't bother my back but it's nice to be able to adjust them, no memory seat and mirrors.

I'm sure there's things I'm leaving off for both and some are very stupid/ small complaints about both.

tak1973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Divinggumby, if I can change the subject on you for a little bit...it looks like we have about the same size boat. I have trailer bunks, but am considering a roller setup. How do you like the rollers? Do you store the boat on the rollers over the winter? Have you seen any hull damage because of them? Thanks...

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We had the trailer for this Azure boat and a Maximum boat and haven't noticed any hull damage but the old black rollers did leave some marks but the new rollers haven't. Both boats are 24' bow riders and I couldn't imagine having trailer bunks on a boat that size. Both boats sat outside all winter on the trailer so they were on the trailer for a few months out of the year.

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the Flowmaster American Thunder muffler and it was a little louder than I wanted so I took it back off. I had a 50 series before and didn't remember it being this loud.
Before

[yt]qSASg2OJ-7o[/yt]
After
[yt]sonusOiUh7Y[/yt]