87 w150- Mr. Yuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mryuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant Six
So I'm gonna try to post up pics and some info about my new truck, Mr. Yuck! So named by the previous owner because of color, and i'm gonna stick with the name. It's 4x4, /6, short bed, manual. Basically a dream truck for me, and its a bit rough around the edges, but i'm looking forward to fixing it up.

Issues- clutch and flywheel need replacing
Rust in bed, along top of windshield, around door latches
Exhaust sounds terrible- not enough back pressure. Badly welded
Trim is pretty beat up
Turn signal won't stay up
Horn doesnt work
Doors dont lock.

My first priorities are to redo the exhaust, possibly with a new header, replace the clutch, and stop the rust in its tracks. Hopefully this forum will be a good resource.

Attachments

• IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1083.jpg
    IMG_1083.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 11

demort71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Leaning tower of power huh? They are hard to kill for sure and not too many left out there. Do you do body and paint and weld work? Hope so because you want to get that roof fixed and resealed soon, especially if you live in a humid part of the county. I am working on a 78 Lil Red. The body and paint are getting close to finished. It has been in storage since 1990, so not much rust to deal with-only where the factory didn't get any primer or paint was there any rust on it. Very nominal for an Illinois truck. It's been in my family since 1990, so I know the truck's history. I just bought a decent 04 Rumble Bee. It has some rust issues around the rear wheel openings like many do in my area. I fixed the same area on my 06 Dakota two years ago, so plan to do the same for the Bee. I bought an 05 Hemi QC 2WD new and traded it off in 2010 on a Charger R/T. Always regretted doing that, but now I have Bee, so I am in truck nirvana again! Really funky body color on your Ram. Good luck with your Ram!

OP
OP
M

mryuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant Six
Yeah, i am more than a little worried about the rust. Fortunately i know someone who has expertise with bodywork, and all things dodge in general. Also i live in washington state, and rust doesnt tend to grow all that fast. Although we are entering the rainy season.
Lil red express... thats awesome. I still havent seen one of those in person. And the rumble bee i don't know much about. Still new to the chrysler/dodge universe, but it seems like the best american make by far.
Good luck with your trucks too!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Cool truck. That thing needs a Cummins transplant!