brandonjansen - 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Pulling Out Some Stumps - 10/26/15

Had some fun with the truck yesterday at my brother's house. He's been doing a bit of yard work and needed to pull out a couple stumps from the front yard. We figured why not use a Cummins with 1100 ft-lbs of torque to get the job done. So we wrapped a chain around the stump and then my tow strap around that and started pulling.

[yt]cTOZZglMyiI[/yt]

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Cool, your truck sounds killer man!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Headlight Adjustment:

Figured it was about time I got around to adjusting my head and fog lights again since I added the 1" spacers to the front. Especially because I followed my friend home the other night and she advised me of being "that guy that's constantly high beaming everyone". Didn't want to be that guy plus the amount of light hitting the road was very minimal with them pointed up so high.

Low beams:
A95B8F9D-C386-4EF0-B11E-B08D1BC92407_zpsgo6jncxc.jpg

Fogs:
24EA785F-D7BC-4494-836A-128D52526DBC_zpsqmpslpir.jpg

Thank you for doing this, I hate ***** that lift and don't adjust.​

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool, your truck sounds killer man!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

Thank you for doing this, I hate ***** that lift and don't adjust.

Not a problem, I fully agree with you. That's one of the reasons I ended up getting a set of projector headlights built for my truck. I keep them aimed quite low to try and avoid shining the light directly in people's eyes as much as possible.

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Finally adjusted mine this week, kept getting "brighted" by lots of folks. I'd be like "gotta adjust those" ,but when I'd get home I'd forget about it...uh, took about 3 minutes...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome Build write up , what a journey ! Great looking family Brandon your a lucky & blessed man in deed .
I wanted a 3500 so bad but the 1500 was in the budget $$
Fantastic looking truck Sir !

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally adjusted mine this week, kept getting "brighted" by lots of folks. I'd be like "gotta adjust those" ,but when I'd get home I'd forget about it...uh, took about 3 minutes...

Ya it's definitely one of those things that's very simple to do but easy to forget.

I still get high beams flashed at me from time to time even with my projectors aimed lower than they need to be. Part of it is just the height of my truck at part of it is that people lack common sense. If I'm coming over the crest of a hill obviously my lights are going to be pointing to the sky and in oncoming drivers eyes. Nothing I can do about that...

Awesome Build write up , what a journey ! Great looking family Brandon your a lucky & blessed man in deed .
I wanted a 3500 so bad but the 1500 was in the budget $$
Fantastic looking truck Sir !

beautiful rig!

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the feedback and kind comments! :waytogo:

draken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Can you give me a link to your exact exhaust setup? Love your truck man, getting a diesel here soon and going to start my build as well.

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you give me a link to your exact exhaust setup? Love your truck man, getting a diesel here soon and going to start my build as well.

Thanks man! That will be sweet. What are you looking to get?

It's a Flo Pro SS1849 kit. 4" stainless turbo back straight pipe. If you're interested, I may be thinking about selling this exhaust for a good deal. Depends on what year truck you get though.
The other big factor into how it sounds is the tuning I'm running. I have a 5.9cr modifier on my tunes that essentially keeps the exhaust vanes on the turbo open more to make it sound more like a fixed vane turbo. That's what gives it the deeper, cleaner sound over the majority of 6.7 Cummins.

draken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Shoot yeah it's going to be a 2010 crew cab 3500 Laramie. What's the main difference between 4" and 5"? I was looking on the site and it was so no bungs or bungs.. I have no idea what that is haha. Don't know much about the diesel world.

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shoot yeah it's going to be a 2010 crew cab 3500 Laramie. What's the main difference between 4" and 5"? I was looking on the site and it was so no bungs or bungs.. I have no idea what that is haha. Don't know much about the diesel world.

Ahh I see nice man! My exhaust will fit on that ;)

Main difference is sound. There's a bit of a different tone between the two but a lot of it has to do with what tune you're running as well. The other side of it is looks. With how high my truck is and how much of the exhaust you see how the back I'm wanting to run a 5" with 6" or 7" tip just so it looks proportionate with my truck.

No need for bungs if you're deleting with a tuner. The bungs are for sensors if you're still going to try and run them or delete with sims. The majority of guys will never need bungs on a deleted truck.

draken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ahh I see nice man! My exhaust will fit on that ;)

Main difference is sound. There's a bit of a different tone between the two but a lot of it has to do with what tune you're running as well. The other side of it is looks. With how high my truck is and how much of the exhaust you see how the back I'm wanting to run a 5" with 6" or 7" tip just so it looks proportionate with my truck.

No need for bungs if you're deleting with a tuner. The bungs are for sensors if you're still going to try and run them or delete with sims. The majority of guys will never need bungs on a deleted truck.

Okay.. hmm i will have to message you when all this is going down haha. I will hopefully be picking her up this Sunday if all goes as planned. 1500 should be sold tomorrow so!

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just read/browsed this whole thread!! Awesome job on your truck. Looks amazing and seems to still perform amazing as well. Wish I had half the knowledge and tools you have!! Makes modding so much cheaper if you can do the work/install yourself.

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just read/browsed this whole thread!! Awesome job on your truck. Looks amazing and seems to still perform amazing as well. Wish I had half the knowledge and tools you have!! Makes modding so much cheaper if you can do the work/install yourself.

Thank you sir! Yes being able to do all the work myself is the only reason I've been able to build this truck to what it is. Would be far too expensive to do if I had to pay someone to do all the labor for me. Plus I really love doing the work myself. That's half the fun in building a truck for me.

Sick truck, man!!

Thanks guys!! :waytogo:

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I'm right there with you man. Nobody has touched my truck but me.:favorites13: