Chris's 6.4 Hemi Stroker Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
if you are going through all of this trouble on the bed, REMOVE THAT DROP IN LINER, you are going to repaint your bed now only to put something back on it that will scratch the top of the bed to hell, i removed the same one on my red truck and it had rubbed all the way down to primer on the over lap over the bed rails, get a spray in now and protect all this work you are doing

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
if you are going through all of this trouble on the bed, REMOVE THAT DROP IN LINER, you are going to repaint your bed now only to put something back on it that will scratch the top of the bed to hell, i removed the same one on my red truck and it had rubbed all the way down to primer on the over lap over the bed rails, get a spray in now and protect all this work you are doing
I was thinking about this today. I’m going to keep the plastic liner. I’ve put a lot of work into the truck, but honestly it still gets used as a truck a lot. I frequently use it for landscaping around the house, rocks, stone, gravel, dirt, mulch, trees, and whatever other crap I throw in there. I like having the plastic to beat the crap out of. So as far as that goes, I’m fine with it. I work in the construction field so there’s a limit to keeping the truck nice on the outside. It’s just the way it is...

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I was thinking about this today. I’m going to keep the plastic liner. I’ve put a lot of work into the truck, but honestly it still gets used as a truck a lot. I frequently use it for landscaping around the house, rocks, stone, gravel, dirt, mulch, trees, and whatever other crap I throw in there. I like having the plastic to beat the crap out of. So as far as that goes, I’m fine with it. I work in the construction field so there’s a limit to keeping the truck nice on the outside. It’s just the way it is...

but why not bedline over the bed rails and make it bulletproof? thats what i did and havent looked back, plus those plastic ones get SLICK

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Well I do have to get another case of the spray liner. I need to touch up the rocker panels from the welding, and spray the wheel wells. I gotta remove the plastic liner to paint, so you’re probably right, I may as well at least spray the top of the bed rails.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
You can always tow it to a shop if you go that route and I saw primer it and beeline the whole truck front to back lol bullet proof the whole truck lol can’t go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
You can always tow it to a shop if you go that route and I saw primer it and beeline the whole truck front to back lol bullet proof the whole truck lol can’t go wrong

Can’t believe I never thought of towing it lol I even towed the truck home from the car lot when I bought it. What a simple solution [emoji1303]

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Can’t believe I never thought of towing it lol I even towed the truck home from the car lot when I bought it. What a simple solution [emoji1303]
Lmao that’s why this forum exist sometime the simplest solutions are right there but we forget lol

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you let the body filler cure for a few days you can drive it to the paint shop, but if you're really worried about it throw a rattle can coat of primer on it, they'll need to sand and finish fill before it'll be ready for filler primer anyways. Unless you build a full enclosure I would never attempt painting in a garage, there's just too many contaminants that will spoil the finish.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
The only problem is my brother has a 6.0 powerstroke and it’s gonna be embarrassing towing my baby with a furd haha

Lol it happens, i let my buddy tow my black truck over to our shop with his ford lol...

ab23374c7df881f17d5278e0ee2e6255.jpg

BoDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
This thread is awesome just spent hours reading every page That is a killer truck and Amazing work!!!!!!!!!!:grd::hitit:

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
This thread is awesome just spent hours reading every page That is a killer truck and Amazing work!!!!!!!!!!:grd::hitit:
Thank you very much! I have to say it’s come a long ways from when I bought it a year and a half ago

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Speaking of towing my truck, I don’t think I’ve ever told the story of the day I bought it. I had a really bad e person even purchasing the truck and getting my title realized by the shady dealer I bought it from. So when I finally went to pick it up and drive it home, I stopped at a BP gas station. I was really excited to get home and start working on it, didn’t pay attention and grabbed the black handle gas pump. Turns out BP has black handled diesel pumps, and green handle gas pumps. So I ended up putting 12 gallons of diesel in it [emoji23] as soon as I finished pumping I realized my mistake, so I drove it to the corner of the parking lot and parked it. Had to drive half an hour home, get my brothers truck and trailer. I left, 15 minutes later I realized I left the truck key in the other car, so I had to wait for my wife to drive out and give me my key haha. It was a terrible day..