EWC88's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I finally got to go back to the autobody shop today, been busy with house I just purchased and work. Owner told me he is 99% sure it's more rust. I argue the fact that wouldn't they of clearly notice it showing if they prepped right? (Sanding) he said rust will show whenever it wants. I kept arguing with the guy and I get it, it's on the lower part of arch, and any area near the arch is common to rust. So arguing it's not is somewhat hard.

BUT the owner is hooking it up again. Since I had work done to them he said he's going cut me a deal. To do the body work of removing and painting he'll only charge me $300 since they just painted. So I will be calling that in soon to get finished.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will be dropping truck off hopefully by end of next week to auto body again to get work done, getting big discount again though so that's good.

Also want to start looking into new exhaust, from cats all the way back. When it comes to weld vs bolt on is there any difference? I'd prefer bolt on so I can do but if weld is better by a long shot then I'll have a shop do it. Also is there any pros to have two exhaust exits over 1? Been thinking of just having one and either dump under cab or dumb in front of rear tire.

After all that I am hoping to then buy new cushion for driver seat and fabric to repair that. Wanted to get 4th gen seats but can't find any near me so will just stick with the stock 3rd gen.

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto
for exhaust duals make a diff sound, but either way you will still need from cats to one, so your torque does not suffer.

& for slip or bolt on - easier to fix down the road, but does have a tenancy to move from big bumps or pot holes.

Mine is fairing ok, but needs adjustment, & love my duals.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea currently I have from cat to muffler 1 pipe then after muffle dual. I want a proper set up that's best for the motor and all. If you were doing from cats back what is best recommended? (Meaning I'm replacing cats)

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't done a single thing for awhile, bought house and been occupied with that. BUT now I am in a bind on what to do. So in my most recent news I will be a father come November! Very very exciting news but this is were the bind issue comes into play.

I love my truck but I know it won't last forever. Currently I need to do exhaust, have a leak on back windshield, heater core needs replacing again, brakes, front seat cushion, passenger window switch needs attention, and the body still needs done for the lack of prep work from shop. I am also at 140k miles on the truck. I want something safe and reliable for when I have my baby so my debate is to see what a trade in value will be to get new Ram or repair everything and wing it...

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm only going through it to ensure that it's built to last a lot longer. :)

USMC-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haven't done a single thing for awhile, bought house and been occupied with that. BUT now I am in a bind on what to do. So in my most recent news I will be a father come November! Very very exciting news but this is were the bind issue comes into play.

I love my truck but I know it won't last forever. Currently I need to do exhaust, have a leak on back windshield, heater core needs replacing again, brakes, front seat cushion, passenger window switch needs attention, and the body still needs done for the lack of prep work from shop. I am also at 140k miles on the truck. I want something safe and reliable for when I have my baby so my debate is to see what a trade in value will be to get new Ram or repair everything and wing it...

Oh no! I am sensing that this thread is about to die!!!! :shocked::shocked:

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Honestly I think I would sell. Take it from a new dad, you'll really appreciate a crew cab once you're throwing car seats in it. I've got two under 2 and am very comfortable in the crew cab. Before I got it I had a quad cab and things we tight and uncomfortable because the seats had to be slid up so far to fit those monster seats.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea my biggest thing is I want comfort and also reliability. Motor is almost at 141k, now I have 0 issues with it but you never know when that can go. I feel while I have the money now might be the time to start looking for a new one. BUT I might even keep this truck if they offer crap for it. My issue also with the truck is heater core, needs to be replaced again and I don't want to keep having to replace because doing it all the time at $1k+ kinda gets old, and I can careless on me smelling the coolant but I don't want my baby to smell it.