Gofishn 2014 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab 4x4 Cherry Red Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello from a fellow Iowan! You should join Modern Mopars of Iowa www.facebook.com/groups/mmoia We're open to both new and Classic Mopars.

No "build" thread because my Ram hasn't been built. I'll pass on starting my "cabin filter mod, lighting upgrades, leveling kit, and helper bags" thread because it's been done and shared a thousand times and no one would care.

Glad you got enjoyment out of seeing his third brake light waterproofing...I'll make sure to take pictures the next time I put some silicone around mine.

I enjoy hearing tips from folks' DIY projects as much as the next guy, but misrepresenting this as a build thread just left me disappointed. :roflsquared:

Carry on OP. Let's see the jugs of oil next time you change her oil.

It's his truck, he's built it up with things he's added on. If you don't have anything constructive to add then say nothing and move on. You don't even have a truck yet and you're talking **** to a guy that does claiming he's misrepresenting... Your complete lack of tact and anything constructive to say is the real letdown.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gofishn

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Oops, already posted this.

Last edited:

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello from a fellow Iowan! You should join Modern Mopars of Iowa www.facebook.com/groups/mmoia We're open to both new and Classic Mopars.

It's his truck, he's built it up with things he's added on. If you don't have anything constructive to add then say nothing and move on. You don't even have a truck yet and you're talking **** to a guy that does claiming he's misrepresenting... Your complete lack of tact and anything constructive to say is the real letdown.

You must be confusing me for someone else. Had a ram for a couple years now. Anyway, the reactions to my trolling this dude's "build" have been great. :happy107:

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Mopar OEM Fold Flat Foor

In the middle, since I did not have a split rear seat, I had no bolts to remove. But, I noticed that there was a cutout, in the carpet. Removed the cutout and there were my two wholes, with nuts underneath, already welded to the cab, just waiting for my to buy a couple of bolts.Which I got from my local hardware store.

FFF03.jpg

Any idea on the size of the bolts in the middle? I have a floor coming and would like to avoid the guessing game if I can. Thanks!

OP
OP
gofishn

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Any idea on the size of the bolts in the middle? I have a floor coming and would like to avoid the guessing game if I can. Thanks!

Had no idea, so I took one out, went to eh hard ware store, tried on various nuts, until I found one that fit.

Looked at what size it was, grabbed a bolt to fit, same length as the bolt I walked in with.

Took longer to type this than it did to find the right bolts.
You will love your floor. Handy Dandy thing.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Had no idea, so I took one out, went to eh hard ware store, tried on various nuts, until I found one that fit.

Looked at what size it was, grabbed a bolt to fit, same length as the bolt I walked in with.

Took longer to type this than it did to find the right bolts.

You will love your floor. Handy Dandy thing.

I guess the question is, what bolt did you take to the hardware store if you didn't have a bolt? Is it the same size as the seat mount bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gofishn

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
My mistake.
Yes, it is the exact same size as the seat bolts already in place.

Just removed one the seat bolts and used that one, to find the right bolt.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
My mistake.
Yes, it is the exact same size as the seat bolts already in place.

Just removed one the seat bolts and used that one, to find the right bolt.

Cool!

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Somehow I've missed this entire thread in the years I've been on here. Nice job on the truck Gofishn. Lots of
Good info in here

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sub'd

HornDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just found your thread! I love the look of your truck. Nice and clean. Plus you have the tires I was thinking about getting lol. How are they in the snow? Also I like what you have done in mods so far, anything else lately??

OP
OP
gofishn

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Just found your thread! I love the look of your truck. Nice and clean. Plus you have the tires I was thinking about getting lol. How are they in the snow? Also I like what you have done in mods so far, anything else lately??

They are superb, in snow. Damp field grass can cause slippage but terrific over all tire. Doubt I will ever run anything else.

Not really done anything to the truck, last y ear or so. too much going on. want to do a few things but can't find the time to scratch my nose, let alone work on the truck.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar OEM Fold Flat Foor

Saw a forum member had a set of fold flat floor pieces, for sale.
Jumped all over them, not knowing if they would work, for me, or not.
Remember, I got an Express. One solid back seat, not a split seat.
However, I did not have any compartment "floor" or "Cover", at all.
If the back seat was up, I could see the storage bins, under the seat.

Drove me Nutty. Buddy's Big Horn had flip up seats, thought the lower end model and I wanted something similar. Bought them , on a Hope.

Turned out, it worked out.
Yeah, Team Gofishn!

Here is the floor, installed. Split floor, for Split seat but works, just fine, with a solid seat.
I really like having the two hard plastic "legs" that can be flipped out to support the floor.
The hold down strap works great too. No flopping around or noise, whatsoever.

FFF01.jpg

To install, simply remove the Bolt, that secures the back seat itself.
See it, from Passenger side, rear door. Here it is

FFF02.jpg

In the middle, since I did not have a split rear seat, I had no bolts to remove. But, I noticed that there was a cutout, in the carpet. Removed the cutout and there were my two wholes, with nuts underneath, already welded to the cab, just waiting for my to buy a couple of bolts.Which I got from my local hardware store.

FFF03.jpg

Now, if you look at the picture above, you see there is an extra hole, above the bolt, where it looks like another bolt could go in. Uh uh. No hole in the floor board for it. MEthinks it is a guide pin. There are guide pins, on each side of the seat I do have.

Here is the drivers side rear door view and the bolt that holds the seat, in place, simply remove, put your floor in place and reattach the bolt.

fff04.jpg

Here is my Fold Flat Floor Mod, all opened up, ready for my Gear.

fff05.jpg

Ignore all the junk on my Husky floor mat. I swear, I vacuum the Truck.
Really, I do, Got a vacuum hanging on my garage wall and just used it, yesterday.

Even pulled out the floor mats, wash them down, let them dry and stuck them back.

Turn my head, for one second, and the damn things are dirty again.

Whats this piece called? I need it!!!

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Like what your doing with the truck so far. A Lot of tasteful mods imo.

OP
OP
gofishn

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in