m.truitt527 2013 Ram 1500 RCSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
m.truitt527 2013 Ram 1500 RCSB Build Thread (Pic Heavy)

Hey everyone, I know I'm a little late to making this thread but I will update it as much as possible. I am gonna include everything I've done so far with pictures in the second post. If anyone has any questions, please post up or PM me.

This is a slow process as I still live at home and we just sold our house so I am in an apartment now and don't have any place to work on her!

2013 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Short Bed (PX8)

Interior:
Pioneer X-5500BHS Double Din Head Unit
Memphis SR69 6x9 In the front
Orion Cobalt 6x9 In the Rear
LED Dome Light
JL Audio W0 10" Sub (Sealed Box)
Jensen Power 900.1 Mono Amp
White LED Strips below the dash
Some of the interior is Plati-dipped at the moment, but will get painted by DSK soon.

Exterior:
Red "War Paint"
Plasti-dipped Front Ram Head
Texas Flag Painted on the Back of Front Ram Head
Black Edition Tailgate Emblem
Stage 2 LED Reverse Lights
6000K HiD Lows and Fogs
Depo Quad Gloss Black Headlights
Black Tube Running Boards
Plasti-dipped Rims (Black) and Center Caps (Red)
Debadged "RAM 1500" On the doors

Performance:
Muffler Delete (Pro Exhaust)
Vararam Air Grabber (Moe's Performance)

Future Plans:
Mopar Front and Rear Emblems (Red on Black)
Plasti-dipped Grille Inserts
Switchbacks
7.5" lift
35" ATs

Credit Where Credit is Due:
Down South Kustoms (All LED and HiD lights)
Moe's Performance (Vararam Air Grabber)
Pro Exhaust (Muffler Delete)

Last edited:
OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picture Time!

This is the first night that I bought her

zEnAEto.jpg

My first Mod. Running Boards!

KJ4niqW.jpg

First time I got her dirty taking the ATVs out

wi0oXsu.jpg

This is when I plasti-dipped and painted the front emblem...

ag0kdDg.jpg

...And the back one. (Now replaced with a Black Edition Tailgate Emblem)

S979CP7.jpg

This is when I installed the Westin light bar... Didn't really like it too much

cuB6EFe.jpg

So I took the lights off and mounted them behind the Grille! (They're gone now)

aDuqX7O.jpg

My second set of HiDs before discovering DSK

CjVivCS.jpg

First set of "War Paint" that I had

TZiKyCN.jpg

Changed over to this color and plasti-dipped the rims as well

QK8rrBM.jpg
NWEDGYg.jpg

Newest set of HiD lights Thanks to DSK

rdDPJvI.jpg
WNazvMo.jpg

From Behind the Wheel

mGeiWaF.jpg

Installing the reverse lights

ULhd2t6.jpg

And finally...How she sits as of right now.

j9KBYMb.jpg

Last edited:

Asur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Very Nice Black ram, well done, great looking beast

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always like seeing trucks/cars with hash marks. Looks good man. Little things like the Texas flag behind the ram adds great detail to your truck.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Awesome truck! Love the red and black.

OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very Nice Black ram, well done, great looking beast

Thank you! I hate the fact I have swirl marks in the Black but it's not like I'm the only one with it.

I always like seeing trucks/cars with hash marks. Looks good man. Little things like the Texas flag behind the ram adds great detail to your truck.

Thank you! I haven't seen any reams in my area with the Hash Marks so I thought why not, Challenger RT has it, why can't I. Lol.

Awesome truck! Love the red and black.

Thank you! I was gonna go with Black and Grey first but then I thought the Red would look so much better

Sweet. Looks good.

Thank you!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are your headlights the black OE style ones I see running around on ebay? If so, how do you like them? Do they fit well? I have got to get rid of my chrome housings, they drive me nuts.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm debating on these or the Spyder projectors. Not going HID at the moment and I need new housing as my OE ones are broken. Previous owner or a shop must have busted the tabs in the back that lock down through the wheel wells. So you can push on my headlights and move them around a little and I don't like that. Makes me wonder if they do that twitch thing when I hit bumps.

Thanks for the response.

B.Torr5986

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had the spyder headlights on another vehicle and they weren't bad and weren't great

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm debating on these or the Spyder projectors. Not going HID at the moment and I need new housing as my OE ones are broken. Previous owner or a shop must have busted the tabs in the back that lock down through the wheel wells. So you can push on my headlights and move them around a little and I don't like that. Makes me wonder if they do that twitch thing when I hit bumps.

Thanks for the response.

No problem man. I personally would go with the projectors if you don't plan on going HiD at the moment, but plan on it later. You'll be glad you did. The light pattern isn't the best with the OEM lights.

Damn, I've taken mine out numerous times and could see how easily they could break. They might have forgotten to release the back tab then boom, new tab needed. That would most likely be what is causing that. My suggestion would be to look at the tab yourself and make sure the light is popped into the socket completely.

I've had the spyder headlights on another vehicle and they weren't bad and weren't great

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

But from what I remember of them, they were better than OEM light. Light pattern was different, and a lot better, as well.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There's nothing to go through the clamp. It's completely gone. Thankfully it still has that guide. I'm really thinking about those. I like the quads and don't know if I want halos. Might grab what you got and throw some switchbacks in them. The bulbs I have are white with little blue and much brighter than OEM's. Might wind up ordering them this weekend, lol. Can't stand the chrome bezels.

OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's nothing to go through the clamp. It's completely gone. Thankfully it still has that guide. I'm really thinking about those. I like the quads and don't know if I want halos. Might grab what you got and throw some switchbacks in them. The bulbs I have are white with little blue and much brighter than OEM's. Might wind up ordering them this weekend, lol. Can't stand the chrome bezels.

Yeah. The halos are a completely separate wire. They don't have to be hooked up. I am currently trying to get switchbacks to work in my lights... (Strobing, not resistor issue)

I actually contacted the original seller and they are going to swap me for the projector ones.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah. The halos are a completely separate wire. They don't have to be hooked up. I am currently trying to get switchbacks to work in my lights... (Strobing, not resistor issue)

I actually contacted the original seller and they are going to swap me for the projector ones.

Wait, projector housings? You swapping the housing then to projectors? Think I might be lost now, lol.