My 2010 Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Going to turn this into a summary of the whole thread. The main changes since I've owned her. A lot of other good pics and some other details in the thread if you have time to look through it.

Current Mods:
PA 3" body lift
Bilstein 5100's at 2.8"
TGC 1.75" rear coil spacers
20x10 Moto Metal 961 black satin wheels w/red inserts
LT325/60R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
ICI Magnum RT Steps
SmittyBilt black bull bar
22" OPT7 C2 LED bar on bull bar
Vararam Intake
Front window tint
Tonneau cover tri-fold
Line-X bed liner
Plasti-Dip grill, front & back badges, antenna base
De-badged
Flowmaster 40 with 3" pipe from the cat back
Resonators deleted
3.5" black powder coated slant tips
Custom painted interior (black & red)
Color matched 2500 fender flares
Rockford Fosgate Punch P1694 6x9 back door speakers
Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 6x9 front door speakers
Rockford Fosgate Punch P132 3.5" dash speakers
Kicker Hideaway 8" powered subwoofer
Black headlight housings
White halogen highs, lows, and fogs
LED revers lights
LED cargo lights
LED license plate lights
LED interior lights
In-channel rain guards
Black short antenna
WeatherTech floor mats

Future Mods:
Engine bay dress-up.
Diablo Tuner

So here it is when I joined right after I de-badged her.
picture.php

When I decided I didn't like all the sliver in the interior.
picture.php

Some pics from when I Plasti-Dip'd the tailpipes and tailgate badge.
picture.php

picture.php

Then when I Plasti-Dip'd the wheels. Didn't stay long, think there was some chemical contaminant so it peeled.
picture.php

Then she was leveled.
Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

Then had to replace those ugly chrome headlights with black ones.
picture.php

Everyone was talking about the Vararam and had to try it. Glad I did, works great!
picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Then changed to in-channel rain guards. So much cleaner.
picture.php

Finally thanks to Tony's help and a whole day, the body lift and wheels went on.
picture.php

picture.php

Had to add some color matched 2500 flares. All flares look odd on the Sport, but she was throwing rocks.
picture.php

Had been lookin' into N-Fad and GoRhino drop steps, then I found these and had to have them.
picture.php

Then added a black bull bar.
picture.php

Repainted front badge with color matched backplate.
picture.php

Added 22" OPT7 LED bar on bull bar.
picture.php

Kicker HideAway installed under passenger seat.
picture.php

Current picture:
picture.php

Last edited:

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say this every time a red ram pops up damn I love the red it looks so good especially with the black.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks. I'm on a mission to kill all the chrome. Now I just need to do something about those lights.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
agreed, black head lights would look sick on this. Not just tinted head lights, you know what I mean.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pull those lights out, stick them in the oven and pull them apart. Paint the inside black throw some projectors in with a hid kit and those headlights will look SICK!!

Idk if anybody has done it yet, but doing the same to the fogs will just look even more amazing

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Pull those lights out, stick them in the oven and pull them apart. Paint the inside black throw some projectors in with a hid kit and those headlights will look SICK!!

Idk if anybody has done it yet, but doing the same to the fogs will just look even more amazing

Yeah, I haven't even seen any options for the fog lights yet. Someone on here had some sick headlights that he sent in and had customized. Black with red lines laid down, it was the best set I've seen.

Last edited:

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can really transform the stock headlights just with paint and projectors/halos

I put projectors in mine and didn't paint, people ask me all the time about the projectors in the lights.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks guys.

I need to see a set of these projectors in person. Would like to check them out before I pick a direction.

2batruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you remove the exhaust tips to plasti dip them?

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you remove the exhaust tips to plasti dip them?

No, I just taped off the bumper and sprayed around it. It's a little tricky to get to the top. Would have probably been a little easier had I dropped the back of the exhaust while I did it.

Do like others have said and paint and projector your stock ones up. I have the ones you are looking at and they are good lights but I deff wish I would have done the headlights myself.

I'll have to read up on this. I don't know anything about how to do it, only seen a few examples. My real concern is how you get them back together and how they will hold up after they've been apart.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Update

So the Plasti-Dip and ****** chrome clad rims didn't agree. I had one wrap up in the center of the rim on my way in to town. I pulled it, when I got home I inspected the other 3 rims and 2 of them had lifted a little in the crevices in the arms. They were in the same place on both rims. I don't know if it's because the chrome clad ends so sharply and I didn't spray the backside of what happen. One air pocket hadn't even gotten to the edge of the rim though, so that has me a little stumped. Back to chrome I go for now, yay...

I did however realize I love my truck with blacked out rims. So early next spring when I lift and put new wheels on, she'll be where I want her. Here's to keepin' chrome clean for roughly 6 more months, lol.

And finally today after I Plasti-Dip'd the stock wheels. UPDATE: Was removed, I didn't do something right and it started to peel.
picture.php

Last edited:

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tips won't last long with plasti-dip, mine cooked off in a month lol
Then found out my local powder coater would do the pair in black for $20 and special colors for $60
Digging the black red combo, some retro fitted color matched with black accent headlights would make it look really good

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah, I'm gonna get after some headlights, clear lens satin black. The tips look perfect after a week, we'll see. I knew going in it could go to ****. If it doesn't last it gets done right, as I can fund. I need a raise. :laughing1:

mocaby73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had some pulled apart put hid projectors with red led halos and painted them black. My truck is a different red then yours but I have people comment on them a lot. Don't have any good pics of them. Might take some tomorrow.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had some pulled apart put hid projectors with red led halos and painted them black. My truck is a different red then yours but I have people comment on them a lot. Don't have any good pics of them. Might take some tomorrow.

Is there a thread anywhere on how to pull the headlights apart and put back together? I'd like to learn about this cause I can't send my headlights out for a week to have them done.

Still so bummed about the wheels. I can't stand the chrome. I really can't stand the chrome clad wheels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye