Tipnitty's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up guys. I just bought my truck this afternoon with 3 miles on the clock and I can say that I am very impressed with the truck thus far.

But let me introduce myself. My name is Sam and I live in small town Oklahoma. I was driving my Honda Civic and it was a fantastic car. It got me through school college and I don't have much bad to say about the car. But in my current position, I needed something more practical to my needs. I have a 98 WS6 which is my toy car. I needed something to pull the car to and from shops when needed. I also needed something to get me back and forth from the oil field. My first thought was to get a G8 GT (always been a pontiac man), but I didn't want to be tossing dirty work clothes in the back of a car like that. Decided to start looking around for a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck. After some research I decided that ram was what I wanted. Spent most of the day working out numbers and they brought this down from Oklahoma City, to the front door of the dealer ship for me (about 70 miles). Love at first site and now she is mine.

So here are some pictures of right after I signed the papers and got her home. I'll take her out tomorrow and get some better pictures of the truck.

TL;DR

Here is the truck. 2014 Hemi Big Horn Crew Cab. It's only a 2wd, but I don't need a 4wd truck.

pZgaIfG.png
7CsvJZH.png

My Honda, how much I love and will miss that car dearly.
kL0oimy.png
imqSaB3.png

Again, I'll get more pictures for you guys later if you would like. Nice to be here.

Last edited:

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum, there's a few Okies here!

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Welcome to the forum! My folks live in Ft Gibson, OK.
Congratulations on the truck too! Are you sure you got a Crew Cab? Pictures looks like a Quad Cab.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum! My folks live in Ft Gibson, OK.
Congratulations on the truck too! Are you sure you got a Crew Cab? Pictures looks like a Quad Cab.

I do believe you are correct, it's the quad cab. I went back and forth between the crew cab and quad cab. But I ended up getting a better deal with the quad. Keep getting myself crossed lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll probably dig through the forums later and learn more about these, and I can add my own two cents about modify vehicles and what not.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome, congrats on the new truck

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cleaned the truck up and went over the truck again. I'm so happy with my purchase!

RGhhflX.png
CIfL7AI.png

I really like the set up of the center console. It was really a big selling point on the truck for me. I am very impressed on the set up of everything.

EOA8oEB.png

jaked1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
welcome tipnitty. glad to have mallory and lana on the forum. we'll have to shoot some photos next time you're back in town.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should be back in st.louis before I start my training, but I'm not too sure just yet. We need hack to convert and you get a TA. Then we shall be set.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
If you come to the City for HID's go to G&A customs, everyone else here seems to have trouble with these 4th Gen electrical systems. G&A customs have the best prices and will cover parts and labor for 2 years. I've only heard of 1 year all other places.
Good Guys too!

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats so different about the 4th gen? I've had HID kits in all my car and they were all just plug and play with no troubles.

earlzach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck Tipnitty,

I just got mine two weeks ago I absolutly love it and like you the 8.4a was a helpfull incentive. I love the few but very tasteful features I have. The 26Z big horn package first off should almost be a standard.
Best of luck to you.

By the way, Isee the Yamaha banner in your garage? Whats up?
I Ride a second gen Vmax. Love yamahas.

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Congrats on the new truck. Looks great! I went with the Quad Cab as well because I like the 6.4ft bed.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck Tipnitty,

I just got mine two weeks ago I absolutly love it and like you the 8.4a was a helpfull incentive. I love the few but very tasteful features I have. The 26Z big horn package first off should almost be a standard.
Best of luck to you.

By the way, Isee the Yamaha banner in your garage? Whats up?
I Ride a second gen Vmax. Love yamahas.

Thank you sir. I don't actually ride. My buddy and I got that one night and its a funny story, so I decided to hang it up.

Nice truck, good luck with it

Thank you sir. Could only dream of doing a build like yours!