RAMblin1217 Truck Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And something happened to the paint on a fender flare when installing them. Walked in to sit and wait for the truck to be done and found out I won't get it back until Tuesday now. Kinda bummed, but happy they are having the issue corrected to ensure everything is perfect.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Truck looks great....can't wait to see the finished wrap job.

What wheel offset did you go with on your truck?

I have a 16 OutDoorsman and I have the stock fender flares, but yours look a little thicker then stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great....can't wait to see the finished wrap job.

What wheel offset did you go with on your truck?

I have a 16 OutDoorsman and I have the stock fender flares, but yours look a little thicker then stock

I have Fuel Hostage 20x10 -24mm offset. The flares look bigger since they are Bushwacker Pocket Flares, they are definitely bigger than stocks.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's a good picture to see the size of them...

Attachments

• IMG_3626.jpg
    IMG_3626.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 92
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have Fuel Hostage 20x10 -24mm offset. The flares look bigger since they are Bushwacker Pocket Flares, they are definitely bigger than stocks.

Thanks, I was thinking of going with -12mm offset with my stock flares.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some shots of before and after the Roadwire Leather kit install. I knew when I bought the truck I would eventually upgrade the interior to leather so I purposely didn't pay the premium price for leather. I originally was going to do a two tone seat but couldn't find a dark red/maroon that I liked so I went with black instead. One nice thing about the kit is it added map pockets to the rear of the front seats, those were not there with the cloth.

I still need to clean it all up a lil, but I'm happy with the results and they feel and look good. There is one thing that stinks about having this done in Fall is that it's not hot enough out to really help bake out the wrinkles, but over time they will work themselves out.

Attachments

• DriversSeatCloth.jpg
    DriversSeatCloth.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 103
  • RearSeatCloth.jpg
    RearSeatCloth.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 99
  • FrontInteriorLeather.jpg
    FrontInteriorLeather.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 111
  • RearInteriorLeather.jpg
    RearInteriorLeather.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 92
  • RearMapPocketsLeather.jpg
    RearMapPocketsLeather.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The audio upgrades that were done were:

JL Audio c3-65 components front and rear
JL Audio XD700/5 Amp
JL Audio 10W3v2 Sub
JL Audio Fix 82 Factory Integration

They also installed a sub bass knob near the parking brake release handle. I'm very happy with the results since it allowed me to keep the stock head unit and steering wheel controls. While it's definitely loud, it's not overwhelming and the bass isn't super crazy like I had when I was in high school and had 15's that shook cars next to me.

Attachments

• RearUnderSeatBeforeSub.jpg
    RearUnderSeatBeforeSub.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Sub.jpg
    Sub.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another change that was made was to tint the windows down to 5% the windshield to 35%, smoke the rear tail lights and 3rd brake light. I also had Anzo U Bar Projector headlights installed with a HID kit. I had the factory quad lights and upgraded them to OPT7 LED bulbs but wasn't 100% satisfied.

The tint has made a noticeable difference with keeping heat out, but it definitely makes backing up difficult at night. I have a backup camera, but I'll for sure be adding Rigid pod spot or flood lights under bumper to allow for getting in and out of my driveway easier.

Here are some pics of the headlights before and after and also the tail lights before and after.

Attachments

• HeadlightsBefore.jpg
    HeadlightsBefore.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 96
  • WrappedFrontStraight.jpg
    WrappedFrontStraight.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 110
  • BrakeLightsBeforeSmoke.jpg
    BrakeLightsBeforeSmoke.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 101
  • WrappedRearStraight.jpg
    WrappedRearStraight.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally, the major change was the 3m Matte Black vinyl wrap.

The wrap will look better in the next couple days since they said it needs to bake in the sun to help remove some of the tool and torch marks.

They painted the fender flares and grille to match instead of wrapping them since it's tough to wrap those areas.

Overall, I'm very happy with all the changes and the truck definitely made a bunch of heads turn today in the few minutes I was out driving it.

Attachments

• WrappedDriverSideStraight.jpg
    WrappedDriverSideStraight.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 111
  • WrappedPassengerAngle.jpg
    WrappedPassengerAngle.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 120
  • WrappedPassengerRearAngle.jpg
    WrappedPassengerRearAngle.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 113
  • WrappedPassengerStraight.jpg
    WrappedPassengerStraight.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 103

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are clearly one of the few with the know-how and patience to properly maintain black paint..shame to cover it up with vinyl in my opinion.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
That looks wicked. I like the look a lot. Im curious to know the durability on the vinyl though. I was choosing between wrapping my truck and bedlining it and ultimately I decided to bedline it because I go off road a lot through brush and trees and such. I was afraid it would tear the vinyl. Do they have a warranty or anything?

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are clearly one of the few with the know-how and patience to properly maintain black paint..shame to cover it up with vinyl in my opinion.

Ah, but knowing how and patience is different than actually having the time to do so haha. I just can't afford to keep doing 8 hour details weekly on top of 2 hour washes every other day. I was spending 12-14 hours a week just on basic cleaning. The wrap cuts it down to 6 hours or so since there is no glaze or wax needed.

But I do appreciate the compliment! I do work really hard on it...and I still have my black Grand Cherokee to deal with.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks wicked. I like the look a lot. Im curious to know the durability on the vinyl though. I was choosing between wrapping my truck and bedlining it and ultimately I decided to bedline it because I go off road a lot through brush and trees and such. I was afraid it would tear the vinyl. Do they have a warranty or anything?

I do not believe there is a warranty against tears or things that happen due to contact, I'm sure basic appearance and adhesion is covered though.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
How do you like the light output on those Azno headlights?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963