Rzrman Ram build thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm a little late on my build thread....

I have pics of things I've done ****** out all over the forum so I figured I'd start compiling them in a build thread.

The below pic is the only pic I have from my truck being as close to zero mods done.

:happy107:

Edit: not my truck....but a more accurate pic of what mine looked like when I first got it.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Great start to the build thread so far man! Looks great!

How are you liking the Toyo RT's? Have you ever run an MT tire to compare? I'm curious how they are compared to the Toyo MT's. I'd love to see them come out with a 38x13.5r22 or a 40x15.5r22 in them to run after my current set of MT's wear out.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great start to the build thread so far man! Looks great!

How are you liking the Toyo RT's? Have you ever run an MT tire to compare? I'm curious how they are compared to the Toyo MT's. I'd love to see them come out with a 38x13.5r22 or a 40x15.5r22 in them to run after my current set of MT's wear out.

Thx boss.

I have run the Toyo M/T's...also in a 37...the r/t is more quiet and smooth for sure. I ran the tread out on them early but that was due to an allignment issue but other than that the r/t's have been pretty good.

Coming from the m/t, I personally like a little more aggressive looking tire so I may be going back to the m/t or trying out a set of the STT pro's.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Switch for my lightbar. This was only suppose to be temporary.....it's still there.

But I do plan on adding some rocker switches one day.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My..."spare-tire-delete" mod

The pic with weight was for anyone wondering how much the stock spare weighs.

image.jpg

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
My..."spare-tire-delete" mod

The pic with weight was for anyone wondering how much the stock spare weighs.

Truck looks good man. I really like those ambers in the grille, I might steal that one. Lol

Yeah once you are running 35s or bigger they don't fit under the bed anymore. I have two though and here is how under my bed looks now. Ended up cutting the entire spare tire holder bracket out of the truck. Lol

20160820_135205.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks good man. I really like those ambers in the grille, I might steal that one. Lol

Yeah once you are running 35s or bigger they don't fit under the bed anymore. I have two though and here is how under my bed looks now. Ended up cutting the entire spare tire holder bracket out of the truck. Lol

Ya it's comin Around to how I want it...at the moment Ive decided I'm gonna keep it...therefore the mods will continue lol the ambers are pretty neat. They were just a quick mod to see how I liked them...now as soon as I go anywhere, they go on.

I like how you utilized the spare area. I'm actually looking at onboard systems as I type this lol.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Ya it's comin Around to how I want it...at the moment Ive decided I'm gonna keep it...therefore the mods will continue lol the ambers are pretty neat. They were just a quick mod to see how I liked them...now as soon as I go anywhere, they go on.

I like how you utilized the spare area. I'm actually looking at onboard systems as I type this lol.

Yeah I like them a lot. I have my 4 led pods that I use as fogs and driving lights. When I hop in the truck my compressor, horn, and driving lights go on first thing. Lol

They are well worth it man. The air Maxx compressor and air Maxx 3 gallon tank i got off of ebay for about $200 and it was about $300 for all the parts total to do it. I have an air outlet on my back bumper that I can use to air things up. The horns are my best mod though they arent cheap. They are union pacific triple train horns and sound like a locomotive rolling through. I use them way too much in traffic. Lol

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed these LED bulbs into my oem taillight housings. There wasn't a huge change in brightness but the instant on was really what I was looking for....FYI, you'll need resistors if you do this swap or you get tweaker-blinkers.

image.jpg