So many mods, so little $$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all the Ram owners. Been cruising the sites for days an recently registered to RF. Know the motto, pics get chicks, I mean *or it didn't happen. So here is my 15 ram big horn 5.7 4x4.
aaae531db830ee8aae5313515d2678fb.jpg

An besides nerf bars (westin black platinum ovals) I threw on an outlaw flowmaster muffler swap, located in CA don't need all my neighbors hating me being their alarm clock.
e8e67eaae52d745b1077e8c331be134f.jpg

I hear great things about those catch cans by moes, already sent Matt 450hp an email an got a reply before I could think of anything else to do with the truck. Recommended me a catch can an a 180 thermostat (I know little what that does for the truck other than operating temps) I'll just rifle to it now. I want to get the S&B CAI, oil catch can and a 85 or 87mm throttle body. Down the road stuff like long tubes an a programmer for sure. Now I'm in the market for probably only the catch can and 1 other mod, cai or tb. Would I benefit waiting a few weeks and doing the main 3 at once an less work? Or start off with the catch can an CAI, then add the tb after some paychecks come in? Never heard about those catch cans until reading ram forums. Nervous for my truck almost has 26k Miles. Don't want it gunking up even more. So any advice would be appreciated. I don't need a drag queen, **** I came off an 86 yota 4x4 so the truck goes for me. However throttle response is always better an its a love hate spinning tires on back roads. When I go 35s ill only stick to chirping em [emoji28]
Thanks again!

When in doubt throttle out, may not always work, but it sure ends the suspense.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
:welcome: Welcome to the forum! :D Glad to have ya! And I totally understand about the modding/money battle. Lol!

Adam

Prsteellheader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum! I'm also new here, I figured I'd join the family since I just picked up a 2013 ram big horn a few months, Sooo happy with it.
I just ordered a k&n cold air intake and also looking to purchase a Diablo programmer. Other than that I have no clue what else to modify. Any help would be appreciated.
Ohhh. What the hell is a catch can??? Lol

Thanks

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum! I'm also new here, I figured I'd join the family since I just picked up a 2013 ram big horn a few months, Sooo happy with it.
I just ordered a k&n cold air intake and also looking to purchase a Diablo programmer. Other than that I have no clue what else to modify. Any help would be appreciated.
Ohhh. What the hell is a catch can??? Lol

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! Also, on the top of the page, there's a "search" tab.. It's a great tool for questions that you may have. Enjoy the site!! :waytogo:

Adam

OP
OP
BadHemi

BadHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey bud, the catch can collects the access oil keeping it from gunking up the intake an throttle body, best thing to do is read all the posts an check out Moe's performance. They have everything an go into more detail than I explained. Everyone says it's the best purchase they did to start off with.

When in doubt throttle out, may not always work, but it sure ends the suspense.