WEPowell History with Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WEPowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first post is more about the history of my obsession with Ram trucks and how I keep coming back to the Ram truck. Then I will get in to my new addiction. My 2017 Ram 1500.

First, where it started.

I was young and starting out on my first real job. It's circa 2001. Tacoma was what I knew I could afford but not the 4x4 version. So I had my sights on the 2 wheel drive Tacoma that was lifted to have the stance of the 4x4. After having two of those the Rams were turning around their brand and started making the beautiful trucks they do today. Then my Dad got a Ram and I got to drive it. I was screwed. Based on how I felt after driving that truck. You could've wrote the history of what vehicles (except for one) I would purchase for the next 12 years. Yes. A bushel of Rams and one Audi.

Where it all started. My 2007 Ram 1500 cloth interior, 4x4 and Hemi. Pretty basic but loved the truck. There was one thing about it I didn't appreciate. It need some help in the front suspension / handling. There was a bump (three lanes wide - there's no avoiding it) I would hit one way to work. I knew when I did I better hold on with both hands or my 07 Ram is going to change lanes. So I obliged but never really cared for the handling in that truck. Another quirk was it leaked around the glass or 3rd brake light. Can't recall which now but I couldn't get past that one even after the 4th visit to service when it was fixed.

Then I discovered on or before in 2010 Ram improved on front end handling. So I saddled up and went to the dealership.

Found a hell of a deal on my 2010. Once again 4x4, Hemi, leather this time but knew I was missing out on some things but couldn't put my finger on it. Still loved the truck and the handling was improved. It was in this truck I remember my first speeding ticket under the ownership of a Hemi. I knew it was coming eventually. But the fact that I was doing 98 in a 55. I was just happy to have not been face down on the highway while the guy in blue was cutting my license in two. Instead he gave me the proper tongue lashing and a hefty ticket and gave me the "slow it down" speech. So I obliged.

Fast forward a few years and I got my 2013 Ram 1500. This my friends was the truck I was going to pay off. My dreams had come true. I was 3 months from lease end. I had financing for lease payoff ready and my dream parts list to make it all mine laid out. Insert super charger, wheels / tires etc here. Couple weeks later, wife lost her job because of closures. If I were to cover all the bills my Ram had to go because we just recently purchased her a new vehicle. Well ____. <--- enter choice word here.

There was a lease special that month. And it was on Audi A3. Set my self up with mid 200 car payment and all was right in the world (bills paid monthly check).

Fast forward a couple more years my wife's said new vehicle lease was due for trade in or turn in. And this is the best part.

She said trade my jeep in for you a truck. After the 1000 standard "are you sure".... I'm back at home! And you betcha. I have the best wife ever!

Next up. Build thread!

31e66c37849ae8f8cc957c783545d2ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

WEPowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love the color

Thank you! My 3 previous Rams were black. Which is my favorite car/truck color. This was the closest match to features I wanted but not the color. more I was around the truck day of purchase it more than grew on me. Really happy with the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cool story, look forward to seeing what you modify