Aw, C'mon Man...Again???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The insurance adjuster called today. The truck will be written off as a total loss. The front 1/4 of the frame is bent badly on the passenger side. In Oregon, you don't replace frames as part of an insurance repair coverage. You total the vehicle.

Now the negotiations begin regarding value. Crap...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First and foremost, I'm glad your OK! Sorry about your truck. At least it was the truck and not the car--the size may very well have protected you from injury. Hope your "dance" with the insurance company goes well. Looking forward to seeing your new diesel.
Jay

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Dude I can't believe I missed this thread before! Glad you are okay. Sorry about your loss.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I went out today to remove the last of my accessories that survived the accident and pulled the wheels and tires off. I had a set of takeoffs to put on the truck, which the insurance company insist I do. OK...fine!

20170324_130357_zps78esgc23.jpg

In the cold hard light of day, the truck looks even worse! This is what 10" of frame deflection looks like:

20170324_130409_zpsnslamxi3.jpg

So, other than the upcoming valuation yelling and screaming, this is done and soon I can get serious about the new truck shopping.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for the truck but I'm really glad to see the hoods aren't fiberglass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I can live with having to visit the PDR guy over splintering fiberglass though

Agreed but I would rather just have steel the small cut in weight is not helping me now that my hood is full of dents and I either need to replace or get about 30 dents out.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad everyone came out unscathed, but maybe you should look into a Tank instead of another sheet metal vehicle....
A CTD is a nice upgrade.... one of the few regrets I have was letting mine go...
Good luck with the ordeal from here and hopefully the soreness has subsided by now.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Moving right along, the insurance company came to me with a valuation. It's not too low but it doesn't include what my policy will allow for accessories. So I've asked them to review the valuation in view of the front light bar, front lights, flares and bed liner.

They need to hurry up, pay me off and close the book on this...I found a TRUCK!!!

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Moving right along, the insurance company came to me with a valuation. It's not too low but it doesn't include what my policy will allow for accessories. So I've asked them to review the valuation in view of the front light bar, front lights, flares and bed liner.

They need to hurry up, pay me off and close the book on this...I found a TRUCK!!!

What are you looking at?

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow!!!! Nice! Love the color

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Found one!

It's not a my preferred vendor but they gonna try and put their hands on it, then squirrel it away for me until my settlement comes in. Since I've purchased 6 vehicles from them, and referred countless others to one of their sales guys who's been there almost 19 years, I guess they can do that for me.

Here's the one we are trying to move off one lot and over to the other:

2017%2014_zpsh41hhpeh.jpg

More later in a new thread once the deal is done.

In the mean time, one last look at the 2014 6.4L Big Horn crewcab:

20170328_123013_zpspsat1gwo.jpg

:bawl: That hurts a little bit...

Last edited:

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Delmonico red is drool worthy! I tried finding a 6.4 one and couldn't. That's a bad ***** hope it works out

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found one!

It's not a my preferred vendor but they gonna try and put their hands on it, then squirrel it away for me until my settlement comes in. Since I've purchased 6 vehicles from them, and referred countless others to one of their sales guys who's been there almost 19 years, I guess they can do that for me.

Here's the one we are trying to move off one lot and over to the other:

2017%2014_zpsh41hhpeh.jpg

More later in a new thread once the deal is done.

In the mean time, one last look at the 2014 6.4L Big Horn crewcab:

20170328_123013_zpspsat1gwo.jpg

:bawl: That hurts a little bit...

Best coloor for a hd

Last edited by a moderator: