Better hang on to your hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I look forward to the twin turbo v6 to be honest. Love my hemi but I wouldn't mind more power and better fuel economy

Plus we'll never hear about the Hemi Tick again!!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I would comment but Smiley would ban me :) It is what it is, democrats get more votes. You might want the turbo v6, you may not want to shell out near 5g's to get it.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say it'll still be around for a few more years...at least.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Dislike. Especially if it has an internal water pump.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi isn't going anywhere unless big V8s get regulated out of existence. That'll happen if another extreme leftist comes to power.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I look forward to the twin turbo v6 to be honest. Love my hemi but I wouldn't mind more power and better fuel economy

Plus we'll never hear about the Hemi Tick again!!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is a Hemi tick. I never hear it on my motor.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
not crazy about the direct injection that comes with the turbo.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why would the Hemi leave? it's the most powerful v8 in it's class, and has been for what.... 10 years ?

dsexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RC Express (sold) 2017 Ram RC Express
Engine
hemi 5.7
Certainly isn't new. Ralph Giles (Dodge) said that over 2 years ago, and that's why the 5.7 has remained unchanged.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Even if the EPA doesn't make them they should at least offer a turbo V6 option to compete with the ecoboost. Would be a smart move plus I think every auto company should do their best to lower emissions (at no expense of power) with the technology available these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
We'll see about the EPA soon... Between Trump and consumer demand for big vehicles, they're going to have to back off, or better yet, go away, for now. The manufacturers aren't able to build full size vehicles at a reasonable price and meet MPG mandates yet.

And the main source mentioned, Allpar, isn't the most accurate in my reading and experience. They've been suggesting new engines, models, and vehicles for years with hardly any of it being correct. If anything, the Hemi will be phased out over time. There's simply too many products, from Chargers to Grand Cherokees to Ram HD, using it (5.7 or 6.4). And speaking of Ram HD, 'real' trucks' aren't ready for twin turbo V6s. Too much weight for a TT to ever get off boost. They might lose the 5.7 there as the 6.4 supposedly gets the same mileage, although it technically doesn't matter in that class.

Regardless, I think we have 15, maybe 20 years before pretty much everything new is electric and self driven anyway. I just hope that that antique vehicles are still given exceptions and aren't mandated in to the junk yard.

As for making a turbo option, what's the point? The 5.7 Hemi is just as efficient or more with fuel as the Ecoboost (unless you start talking 4 banger TT, and that won't do in a pickup. Maybe the cars), and is cheaper to make and sell. They're also less parts to worry about.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is where ford did good. If turbocharged v6s are the future of trucks then ford will have a leg up since they have years of service already and are on the second generation of motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hornychief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I heard the opposite. That 6.4 will be getting phased out not the 5.7
Only FCA knows for the moment. Plus like someone said with Trump at the wheel you never know whats going to happen

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk