DIY colormatched upper glovebox & floor console tray install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karposvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Alright so the point of this post is to verify that some part numbers fit and to show you can save alot of money colormatching interior parts yourself...

First I ordered these:
Ram 1500 Floor Console Tray - Black (Part No: Console Tray Black): MoparOnlineParts.com

and

Ram 1500 Glove Box Kit - Black - 2013 (Part No: See Desc.): MoparOnlineParts.com

both in black, and the glovebox states it only fits for 13's. If you look at the prices you can see I saved about $20 on the tray and almost $95 on the glovebox!

Then I picked up some colorbond interior paint in #160 Chrysler DK Slate
IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

I also picked up they're prep cleaner. I'll admit I tried it on the stock pocket that was in the dash. The color match is about as close as your gonna get, is it dead on, no, but close enough that if your sitting in the truck and you look at the dash, you can't tell...

Sprayed everything this morning, and here are the results:
Glovebox
IMAG0386.jpg

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0381.jpg

Tray
IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0385.jpg

The close up pic of the glovebox and the dash looks way less noticable in person than it does in the pic...

Next up is to do that stupid Tan dash on top, I hate that thing!!! I was gonna do it today, but they was aliitle to much wind blowing and I didn't want overspray everywhere. I'll post pics when I get it done...Enjoy!