Rock crawling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nice, what do you have your tires at?

Reo Cook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Pretty cool! Definitely nothing like that around Houston! Rockin some BG too on the stereo is always a good decision

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not low.. I think that was 20psi.

IMO

I was going to say air them down a bit, but without alot of sidewall you don't get much flex to help. When I used to go play a little on the rock with the 07 I'd sometimes air my trail Grapplers down to 10-12psi, but they were 35'2 on 17's..

Still a blast though isn't it?

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea.. The description was a bit facetious.. Though it was a lot worse than it appears on camera, it wasnt bad at all.

Im not a fan of 20s.. I actually had 17s but needed more offset/clearance for the knuckles... If they weren't wet I could of done that with 50 psi (prob not, but it makes me sound cool :) )

IMO

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty damn sweet man. Good to see the 4wd being put to use. Was the front sway bar disconnected? If so how did you like it out on the trail? Only bad thing about your video is that it reminds me that Ram doesn't offer our trucks with a damn locker.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pretty damn sweet man. Good to see the 4wd being put to use. Was the front sway bar disconnected? If so how did you like it out on the trail? Only bad thing about your video is that it reminds me that Ram doesn't offer our trucks with a damn locker.
I left it connected for that day.. It is beneficial, but for that trail, the benefit doesn't outweigh laying in the dirt, turning wrenches..

I usually apply some brake while accelerating if im not grabbing, seems to help.

The biggest improvement was replacing rear shocks with bils.. I cant even imagine how nice some kings would be.

Im retiring the truck and buying a rock crawling cj .. Just wanted to pop the cherry.

IMO

GzNutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Beastly truck and nice vid. I found myself cringing when the branches were scraping your roof.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
kind of off topic here, but you replaced your superlift shocks with the superlift bilseins right?

Can you by chance give me a measurement of the superlift shocks expanded and compressed?
I think im going to get me some king shocks and i want to make sure i dont need custom length rears.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
kind of off topic here, but you replaced your superlift shocks with the superlift bilseins right?

Can you by chance give me a measurement of the superlift shocks expanded and compressed?
I think im going to get me some king shocks and i want to make sure i dont need custom length rears.
There is never a particular topic in my threads lol..

Here's the part number and specifications on bilstiens website. If you still want me to measure, np.
73a01b61c9c4348bc710b60500bcc339.jpg

IMO

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is never a particular topic in my threads lol..

Here's the part number and specifications on bilstiens website. If you still want me to measure, np.
73a01b61c9c4348bc710b60500bcc339.jpg

IMO

sweet thanks, that works. Looks like ill need to add another 2 inches. There's another $200!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol me too! Still some clearcoat left to be buffed out, definitely sounds worse than it is.. I usually just turn up the radio ;)

IMO

You can have a lot of fun with a jeep.... and the build potential is end less with a wrangler or cj

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Awesome truck/VID Austin!..... I dont think my truck could do that
Thanks! You can do it, come on out.. Im probably going to do it one more time. Bring some 10' 2x8 boards :)
You can have a lot of fun with a jeep.... and the build potential is end less with a wrangler or cj
Im looking at a few CJs right now.. Trying to find a 75 for that CA smog exempt :)

IMO