Wash and wax weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Looking great! And your telling me I have scuff marks up my bed side from mud :( keep up the good work :waytogo:

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a few good ones but after enough waxing they came out thankfully. Really makes me wish I had a white or silver truck

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
Looks great, now just get those wheel wells.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Oh to be young again! No offense. I used to go muddin too. Now I go out of my way to avoid the mud on the road down the street caused by a trucking company driveway. Are fender flares an option? Maybe molded mud guards? Either way, nice truck. Now, about those wheel wells.:)

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Ugh tell me about it man! The scratches on my black truck drive me up the wall! Next truck will be silver/carcoal lol.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ugh tell me about it man! The scratches on my black truck drive me up the wall! Next truck will be silver/carcoal lol.

I totally agree. I have a major love/hate relationship with my black paint. For example, I gave it the 1st big wash after the winter season this past weekend. The next day when the sun was beaming down on it I was like "WTF happened?!". My wife came out to the garage wondering what I was swearing at. I told her "the f'ing black paint on this f'ing truck!". Needless to say, right now I hate my black paint. My birthday is next month and today my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday....a buffer.

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yup I was the same way after our winter. They need to use more coats or a color matched primer or something just the smallest stick will leave a huge scratch it seems

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I totally agree. I have a major love/hate relationship with my black paint. For example, I gave it the 1st big wash after the winter season this past weekend. The next day when the sun was beaming down on it I was like "WTF happened?!". My wife came out to the garage wondering what I was swearing at. I told her "the f'ing black paint on this f'ing truck!". Needless to say, right now I hate my black paint. My birthday is next month and today my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday....a buffer.

Haha yep can't say I haven't done that a time or two! A buffer is also on my list!
Yup I was the same way after our winter. They need to use more coats or a color matched primer or something just the smallest stick will leave a huge scratch it seems
Yeah you'd almost think they skipped the clear coat stage with how easy it scratches!

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
Oh to be young again! No offense. I used to go muddin too. Now I go out of my way to avoid the mud on the road down the street caused by a trucking company driveway. Are fender flares an option? Maybe molded mud guards? Either way, nice truck. Now, about those wheel wells.:)

Sounds like me, I work for a trucking company and the driveway is always muddy from the trucks coming out of the mudhole yard, I have to go real slow.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The crazy part is that no one is allow to come within 10 feet of my truck and scratches still magically appear.

gijoan12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spent a few hours on my truck and I have to say she looked good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicotera75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A black paint job is why I have only owned silver vehicles since 2004!

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Black scratches easy and gets dirty easy but damn dose it look good when it's clean