Why I buy Rams for commericial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Rams have the most expensive engine/transmission combo in the Cummins/Aisin. They have the most expensive cab options in premium trim, but have much more "standard" options in the available Big Horn trim package options. Heated seats/steering wheel, the big screenS, etc. are only available in premium trim in the other two.

But this one video sealed the deal for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f3CAnH7WIM

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Yup, seen video's like years ago after I got my RAM, this is why it will ALWAYS be an argument the a FORD owner will lose on. Ford still, till this day, doesn't box the frames and add support beams which allows for this to happen making their F-series and E-series inferior to RAM and GM.

Their drivetrain sucks as well, they've been going for over a decade now with their diesel engines eating themselves, even if you have a 4WD you still only have a 2WD. They put open diff's in the rear or their LS's DON'T work...

Theses are all issues that Ford has known about for years upon years, but refuses to put the money into fixing the issues. All Ford does "good" these days is commercial blast you with how "the F-series is (still) the best selling truck", You see these Fords on job sites and all over because they give the biggest breaks to companies to but their trucks. Back in late 2014 my company bought 9 1-ton dually's to go out to rig sites with our 40' trailers, DOT man said they went with Ford because they had issues with the 6.7 Cummins - I said okay... Asked him again about a month later and he said that because we buy in bulk Ford would give us 50K off total price, said RAM would only do 25K. Seem's legitimate, but idk, maybe I'm just bias.

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you are going to buy a 3500 dually because you want to off road it? Seems odd to me.

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, seen video's like years ago after I got my RAM, this is why it will ALWAYS be an argument the a FORD owner will lose on. Ford still, till this day, doesn't box the frames and add support beams which allows for this to happen making their F-series and E-series inferior to RAM and GM.

Their drivetrain sucks as well, they've been going for over a decade now with their diesel engines eating themselves, even if you have a 4WD you still only have a 2WD. They put open diff's in the rear or their LS's DON'T work...

Theses are all issues that Ford has known about for years upon years, but refuses to put the money into fixing the issues. All Ford does "good" these days is commercial blast you with how "the F-series is (still) the best selling truck", You see these Fords on job sites and all over because they give the biggest breaks to companies to but their trucks. Back in late 2014 my company bought 9 1-ton dually's to go out to rig sites with our 40' trailers, DOT man said they went with Ford because they had issues with the 6.7 Cummins - I said okay... Asked him again about a month later and he said that because we buy in bulk Ford would give us 50K off total price, said RAM would only do 25K. Seem's legitimate, but idk, maybe I'm just bias.

Im not going too far into this but you might be one of the few people that have stated the dodge truck is more superior than Ford. Let me guess you probably think the 6.7 cummins doesn't have head gasket issues do you? That dodge automatic transmissions are superior to any of the ford torqshift transmissions? Ford diesel engines eating themselves, the 6.7L in the 2011+ trucks are ok engines and leaps and bounds better than the previous international engines (not a 7.3L fan but I cant argue with teh reliability of those engines). Fords worst problem to me is the 4x4 system int he 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. I have never been in one that had the 4 wheel drive system work correctly.

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He stated commercial use, you have "high angle" entrances and uneven terrain on the JS.

I agree it is an issue that the tail gate cant open when the Ford is flexed like that but I dont see anyone with a dually getting into a situation like that. But then again all my trucks stay on the street for the most part.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Im not going too far into this but you might be one of the few people that have stated the dodge truck is more superior than Ford. Let me guess you probably think the 6.7 cummins doesn't have head gasket issues do you? That dodge automatic transmissions are superior to any of the ford torqshift transmissions? Ford diesel engines eating themselves, the 6.7L in the 2011+ trucks are ok engines and leaps and bounds better than the previous international engines (not a 7.3L fan but I cant argue with teh reliability of those engines). Fords worst problem to me is the 4x4 system int he 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. I have never been in one that had the 4 wheel drive system work correctly.

No sir - I'll be the first to say that the 6.7 Cummins has issues since it was introduced in the 07-5 trucks. Transmissions in all the Dodge/RAM, whatever you wanna call it have been turds, I have a 3K bill to prove that. The 6.4 is a throwaway motor for Ford, the 6.7 is, like you stated, way better. I'm bring my judgment against Ford when my uncles 6.0 was warming up one morning, came out the door to leave and it's burning to the ground. His next truck a 6.4 blew a head gasket and cracked the block.

All in all as I said at the end of my original post, I'm bias because I've been with all the makes Toyota, GMC, Ford, Dodge and I love my truck now over the others. You also have to look at the build quality these days, RAM is having paint issues, Ford uses cheap materials in their vehicles, U-Connect not working properly, Sync is a total POS, it frustrates me when I go to use it.

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with the cheap material. My leather dash is one of my favorite parts in my ram. I feel like there are better reasons to buying one brand than another other than a video like this. Ram offers a superior engine and they are more cost friendly than fords which is why I am in a ram instead of an f150. A lot of people I talk to in Rams got them because they are priced more affordably.

Most people that talk crap about ford diesels have never driven or been around one just "heard" they are crap.

OP
OP
hounddog

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Yes, I have absolutely put a truck through an entrance that was very close to that bad, and yes, the Ram HD is vastly superior to Ford SD.

Ford SD cab and front end must be taken off for almost any engine work before you can even start with any engine work.

Ford powerstroke engines burn the turbo bearings to dust because they use teeny tiny bearings.

C channel frame is weak.

Ram Aisin transmission is the heaviest built transmission in the industry. Period.

Highest payload.
Highest GCWR.
Highest towing.
Highest fuel economy.

But it's videos like I posted which prove conclusively (that mean completely) that Ram has the best truck for commercial applications.

If my post offends you, feel free to move on.

Last edited: