Rally stripe help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been going back and forth on getting rally stripes on my truck and then I saw this section and thought that with a little help from people who are far more talented than me on the computer I could see what my truck would look like with the stripes.
Here is a picture of the stripes that I was thinking of getting put onto my truck except I want them on the sides of the center pillar and maybe just a bit wider.

2010_ram_1500_rally_stripes_2.jpg

Her is my truck if you could do something on the front and back...Thanks

IMG_5323.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

Not the best of pictures but hopefully you can work with it.

Sladerade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
tomorrow ill snap some pics of my truck and add the strips for you. I have the exact same color truck you do, this will not be hard at all!

Sladerade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I havent forgot some things came up I should have it done by wednesday!

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just to let you know the nose or grill on these things are a ***** to lay stripes on had mine came out perfect but guy struggled with the cross part on the grill

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully he can make it work, I am not having it go down the middle onto the vertical and horizontal. I am making the gap wider in the middle, the same width as the up and down center portion this way he won't have to try and work it around the corners.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
they look awesome, I plan on making the gap in the middle larger so that he doesn't have to struggle with the corners where the vertical and horizontal grille members meet. you have the vinyl stripes and he was able to work the corners, must have been a real b__ch to get it done, but looks like it turned out great.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya the grill alone took him 4 hours lol but i had it off the truck with the honeycombs removed so that made it a wee bit easier

Sladerade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here is the front! The color will be off on the grill because I took your grill, mine is chrome and yours is painted.

Attachments

• rally stripe.jpg
    rally stripe.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 818
  • _SD17444.jpg
    _SD17444.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks awesome!!1Thanks for doing that for me..I have scheduled it to be done on Friday. I will post pictures once it is done.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
thought you wanted it wider and how much it costing you just curious

Sladerade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anytime, if you need the strips in a different location or wider or narrower let me know

Wait a second... I'm posting from an iPhone?

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are right Blackout I did want the stripes on the outside of the center pillar in the grille and the rear does not cover the bumper, but I did not want to complain as this was a favour and I really appreciate it. Sladerade if you could move the stripes wider apart and not covering the rear bumper that would be fantastic.
I was quoted $300.00 to get it done.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks really good. That is further apart than what I was wanting but now that I see it like that I have til tomorrow at 0930 to decide which way I want to go with it.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after all the work you put in changing the rally stripes for, really appreciate it by the way, when I get to the shop and the guy gets a close look at the truck he decides that he has to put them closer together because of the slope in the hood. He figured it would be easier to do the grill than try and conform the vinyl to the curvature in the hood...boys was he wrong. It took a total of about 8 1/2 hours to do it but he was really good about it and did not increase the price despite the fact it took him twice as long as he had anticipated.
So as promised here are pictures of the truck with the new stripes...Oh ya truck is dirty but can't be helped with all the melting going on right now.

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg