1975 Dodge 360 V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoJoKo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
new member, so not sure where to post this question.
I have a 75 Dodge 360 V8. It has been sitting for a couple months. When I started it up coolant started spraying from water pump bolt that holds the alternator bracket. I have searched to find an answer but can't find anything.
Pump is working and no leaks anywhere else. Help.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
new member, so not sure where to post this question.
I have a 75 Dodge 360 V8. It has been sitting for a couple months. When I started it up coolant started spraying from water pump bolt that holds the alternator bracket. I have searched to find an answer but can't find anything.
Pump is working and no leaks anywhere else. Help.

Bolt is probably near rusted away. Carefully remove it. Best if you can tap the threads clean in the hole. Install a new bolt with thread sealant.
Welcome to the here and now.:favorites13:

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I agree with last poster. I use Permagasket , I forget what #. It comes in a stubby white plastic bottle with a brush under the cap. The stuff is a thick brown /black liquid, and a little messy, but it works good especially in the situation you described.

OP
OP
B

BoJoKo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
Thanks for the responses. The bolt is in good shape. I tried thread sealer, no good. Will try the permagasket.