2016 RA1 Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Brand new Dealer tried to replace my 5.0 with this one......[emoji19] works great can send VIN with it if needed. $100 Shipped

e3b368d4300c7f8384e62f56ff91c86b.jpg

Last edited:

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Would love to hear the back story on this. The dealer tried to put a cheaper radio in your truck? More importantly according to Fiat you cannot change radios in these trucks, plus in this case you would loose the vr, phone and Bluetooth functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AFMoulton

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Would love to hear the back story on this. The dealer tried to put a cheaper radio in your truck? More importantly according to Fiat you cannot change radios in these trucks, plus in this case you would loose the vr, phone and Bluetooth functionality.

So long story short, I bought the truck with an RA1, part of the deal with the dealer was they would add an RA2 and update the VIN in the system. Mountain Home, ID.

Fast forward a year, Radio Died, just quit working. So I took it in for warranty, (San Antonio, TX) they couldn't fix it and ordered a new radio, said it would be in in a couple months cause of back orders.

So I bought an RA2 on here to replace the one in the truck to hold me over, till my brand new one came in. Get a call from the dealer saying they have the radio like a week later, before the one I bought showed up. Sweet! I'll have an extra. Just kidding!

Dealer replaces radio, in record time, and says I'm ready to go. Got in the truck, uh WTF.....wrong radio. Go back in and tell them, tech runs and grabs old radio (RA2) and comes back with this confused look. Says they ordered the one on the VIN. So I showed them the paperwork where the dealer updated it, she shows me where it had not been updated.

So they left the RA1 in the truck and are working on the VIN update with the original dealer in Idaho, and I just put the one I ordered in.

Let me know if you have more questions.

OP
OP
AFMoulton

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Bump, $75 shipped