Carven Progressive Series Exahust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I purchased this from a member on here for my 2013 ram. In total it has about 40 miles on it. The exhaust is a little too loud for my liking so I am putting it up for sale. Selling it for what I paid $240+ PP fees. The exhaust has been removed from my truck and is ready for shipping.
The exhaust sounds really good, moderate at idle and cruising but it's the aggressive sound on the hard acceleration that is a bit much for me. I have a couple audio clips from my truck that I can email if anyone would like and I can take additional pics.

Attachments

• carven2.jpg
    carven2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 200
  • carven3.jpg
    carven3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 170
  • carven1.jpg
    carven1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 179

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Call me stupid but what am I looking at? Is it a cat back system

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Call me stupid but what am I looking at? Is it a cat back system

This is a direct bolt on replacement of the factory muffler.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You say its loud? Or just under hard excelleration

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sale is pending payment.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How's the performance gain? Been wanting something for my truck to add power and I want a little more sound out of the ass end but not to much to **** the wife off

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How's the performance gain? Been wanting something for my truck to add power and I want a little more sound out of the ass end but not to much to **** the wife off

I think I read somewhere on here that Carven claims about 8hp and 24ft lbs for the competitor series. I can't imagine that being much different for the progressive series as they are basically the same muffler, one is slightly longer.
I don't know if it's just the placebo effect or what, but the truck felt smoother through the RPM range. I just returned from an errand (with the OEM muffler back on) and I told my daughter that it's just not as fun to drive the truck with the OEM muffler, it feels choked (if you saw the inside of the OEM muffler you would know why) and quiet. I can't claim that there was any actual performance increase, but it was a lot more fun to drive. Needless to say i'll be ordering an new muffler soon...I just need to decide which Magnaflow to go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.