Important info on sausec17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For everyone that has been scammed/ripped off by Sausec17.

Please take the time to report him to Western Union. Western Union will give you a fraud report number. Once you get that report number contact the Oakwood Georgia Police Department at (770) 534-2364. File a report and give them the Western Union report number.

Do not go through your local PD. This guy at my estimation has stolen over a $1,000 dollars from us. If we all go to our local PD chances are these cases will never be linked.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
So the drama continues?

You know hes not the first and not the last to scam people.

Your out of money and police do not care. This is small change and will go to small claims court and end up costing more than what saucy took.

Bottom line take it as a lesson learned and move on.

This is my OWN opinion and not RF. I'm just getting tired of drama.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So the drama continues?

You know hes not the first and not the last to scam people.

Your out of money and police do not care. This is small change and will go to small claims court and end up costing more than what saucy took.

Bottom line take it as a lesson learned and move on.

This is my OWN opinion and not RF. I'm just getting tired of drama.

not for nothing, but if this guy stole over $1,000, it should technically be classified as a felony, in which case the police would investigate. even if they didnt get their money back, seeing a scumbag thrown in jail would be satisfying enough, well for me at least.

telling him to forget about it given the circumstances seems kinda ******, imo.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree, let off and he'll do it again to some other forum members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can report him as much as you want but they won't do anything. I got my identity stolen and know exactly where they purchased items and got my credit ran, so I had plenty of evidence they could've used to pursue the criminal and guess what? Police didn't do ****. The only reason you need a police report is to prove to the creditors you are a victim other than that the police just waste your time.

OP
OP
jcollins28

jcollins28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can report him as much as you want but they won't do anything. I got my identity stolen and know exactly where they purchased items and got my credit ran, so I had plenty of evidence they could've used to pursue the criminal and guess what? Police didn't do ****. The only reason you need a police report is to prove to the creditors you are a victim other than that the police just waste your time.

Look, whatever the police do or don't do is beyond my control. I can't just turn my back on this and do nothing. At the very least I can say that I did my part to expose this guy and hopefully he doesn't get the chance to burn the next guy. In fact when I started making noise about this guy he had quite a few number of classified ad's open. Had I just kept my mouth shut I think a few other members would be added to this list. Just walking away and forgetting about seems lazy to me. I need to do my part to report people like this and the crimes that they do. Enough people report this guy and sooner or later he will be held accountable.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
This is why you always should use your credit card and Paypal to purchase things on line. You are covered after 30 days if you didn't get your stuff.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's true and good luck on getting this guy and maybe recoup your money

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can't hurt to report the guy, at least they'll have a record.

Speaking from Law Enforcement experience, it's not that the police don't care, it's that they don't have the time, nor the resources available to delve into deep, time consuming investigations for the little things.

My truck got hit the night the Cubs won the World Series in a grocery store parking lot. The local police looked at the tapes and flat out told me there wasn't much they were going to be able to do because they couldn't see the plates. They took a report, they determined someone did a hit and run, and my insurance saw it wasn't my fault and there wasn't anything I could do about it. They're not going to go looking through tapes to try and find the person, even if they get a face on video it's still going to be extremely difficult to find out who the person was. They have murders, robberies, assaults, and other things that are far more important to solve than someone dinging my truck up in a parking lot. While it's insanely frustrating, and I'd love to beat the hell out of whoever hit my truck and drove off like a coward, I would rather my local police spend their time going after the big fish, then trying to catch the little ones.

Kind of the same thing here, probably not going to be the easiest thing to track the guy down. If he's successfully scammed some people, he's got a shred of intelligence. Best thing to do is report it when it happens, and should it continue to happen and the police get enough reports against the guy then they'll be more likely to spend time trying to track the guy down, though it's still unlikely because it's the internet, and internet scammers are so numerous and difficult to find.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
This is why you always should use your credit card and Paypal to purchase things on line. You are covered after 30 days if you didn't get your stuff.

Such important advice, and never gift someone thru Paypal just to save the fee as you will have no recourse.

I just found a rather disturbing trend that most would not blink an eye at. I found an item on Carparts from August Pohl Auto Parts USA-MI a boneyard in MI. I called them to purchase the item, I was informed they only accept cash and wire transfers! WTF? He told me it was because too many people were using the CC companies to charge back purchases. I checked them out on line and they less than stellar reviews (3 out of 5 stars), with more than a few some folks complaining about there return policy and tactics. I almost went for it because I really wanted the item and it was at a decent price and maybe I would have been very satisfied with it. The lack of recourse in wire transferring money was just not a gamble I was comfortable with, even though they are a well established business.

What really ****** me off about this Sausec clown is honest folks will have a harder time selling stuff on here!

Last edited:

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Such important advice, and never gift someone thru Paypal just to save the fee as you will have no recourse.

I just found a rather disturbing trend that most would not blink an eye at. I found an item on Carparts from August Pohl Auto Parts USA-MI a boneyard in MI. I called them to purchase the item, I was informed they only accept cash and wire transfers! WTF? He told me it was because too many people were using the CC companies to charge back purchases. I checked them out on line and they less than stellar reviews (3 out of 5 stars), with more than a few some folks complaining about there return policy and tactics. I almost went for it because I really wanted the item and it was at a decent price and maybe I would have been very satisfied with it. The lack of recourse in wire transferring money was just not a gamble I was comfortable with, even though they are a well established business.

What really ****** me off about this Sausec clown is honest folks will have a harder time selling stuff on here!

Interesting,
I bought a console from August Pohl parts on eBay, paid with PayPal and they were fine with it.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think there should be a sticky with a list of names @ the top with the info from verified scammers and cons

Scammers like this tend to create new member names and email addresses with dynamic IP's. Tracking them is an impossible task. They may be sausec17 on Tuesday, GearBag on Friday and the following week have 2 or more new names.

RamForum will not intervene in a situation like this. However, we have left this thread up as an example of what can happen. Hopefully everyone will be careful and insure they are protected against fraud by taking reasonable precautions as noted in the For Sale rules.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info. Hope this will help everyone to check the seller out before buying

Status
Not open for further replies.