Socalledchad dealings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone done business with socalledchad? I sent money for a BD tuner which I figured out won't work for my truck. I requested a refund and now I'm hearing nothing after a week. Just wondering if I should be worried. I did PayPal friends and family so I'm not sure if PayPal can help.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
PayPal can't help you if you sent it as a gift, which is what friends/family is, so you have no buyer protection. If you bought it knowing what the model the tuner was and he advertised it truthfully, the fact it doesn't work on your truck is on you and you'll have to resell it, but if he was not truthful in his listing or promised you it would work for your year before sale then it's on him and he should refund once you ship it back to him.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
If you bought it knowing what the model the tuner was and he advertised it truthfully, the fact it doesn't work on your truck is on you....

^ This.....

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
since you just requested the Refund yesterday, give him a chance to see what he says.

He might have shipped it already.

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
PayPal can't help you if you sent it as a gift, which is what friends/family is, so you have no buyer protection. If you bought it knowing what the model the tuner was and he advertised it truthfully, the fact it doesn't work on your truck is on you and you'll have to resell it, but if he was not truthful in his listing or promised you it would work for your year before sale then it's on him and he should refund once you ship it back to him.
He did mention his research showed it would work on a '14, but not the 8 speed which I found out from BD. No big deal is he sends me the tuner I'll just resell it. His response time is just slower than I'd expect, week with no response. I'm not bad mouthing or trying to give a bad review at all, just impatient and curious that's all. What would you consider as a timely response?

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He did mention his research showed it would work on a '14, but not the 8 speed which I found out from BD. No big deal is he sends me the tuner I'll just resell it. His response time is just slower than I'd expect, week with no response. I'm not bad mouthing or trying to give a bad review at all, just impatient and curious that's all. What would you consider as a timely response?

I say give him some time. He has been a member for over a year with few posts, an indicator he doesn't frequent the forum regularly. I almost bought that tuner from him for my 14. After he gave me the part number I discovered it was not compatible. He told me it would work for sure as he had it on a 14 as well. However, if he didn't know all the specs of my truck, there is no way he could have known it wasn't compatible with my 8 speed. I felt he was being truthful, but just didn't have enough info.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That's what happened with the tuner that I purchased for my car. The seller confirmed it was correct, but upon receiving it quickly found it not so. Paid via regular PayPal so I was protected but ended up selling it to the correct buyer for more then what I paid. Of course this was not common that's for sure.

F.O.F

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This is the last time I pay friends & family for an item I'm buying. Here another week has gone by and still no response from the seller. I'm getting frustrated!!!!

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the last time I pay friends & family for an item I'm buying. Here another week has gone by and still no response from the seller. I'm getting frustrated!!!!

I used to til I got burned on a deal, never will do it again.... and I don't buy from the seller that say "paypal + 3% fees" either. If you need that 3% so bad then just raise your price by 5 bucks. You still don't get all money cuz they take 3% of the extra 3% too....

You did at least get the tuner correct???

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I never charge anyone PayPal fees nor do I request friends and family for sales. My prices for things that I sell are low to begin with as I'm not trying to make money on deals. What I do is pass on things that I am not using to others in hopes it will help them. I also always include my email but I ask that buyers do realize that I have a life and may not always get back to you as quickly as you would like. In this case the seller no matter what should have by now reached out to the buyer even if just to let him know he received the money.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Wow, benefit of the doubt is running thin. Not cool...

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is there an email associated with the seller that can be used ?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
his paypal address the the buyer used has to be a valid email address

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Then I would be on that email like nobody's business.

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used to til I got burned on a deal, never will do it again.... and I don't buy from the seller that say "paypal + 3% fees" either. If you need that 3% so bad then just raise your price by 5 bucks. You still don't get all money cuz they take 3% of the extra 3% too....

You did at least get the tuner correct???

As of today no tuner and no refund. I just emailed the seller so I'm hoping to hear something in the next day. I'm furious to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I never charge anyone PayPal fees nor do I request friends and family for sales. My prices for things that I sell are low to begin with as I'm not trying to make money on deals. What I do is pass on things that I am not using to others in hopes it will help them. I also always include my email but I ask that buyers do realize that I have a life and may not always get back to you as quickly as you would like. In this case the seller no matter what should have by now reached out to the buyer even if just to let him know he received the money.

As of today no tuner and no response on here. I just emailed the seller so I'm hoping to hear something back in the next day or two.

I understand people have a life, but within 48 hours a courtesy contact should be standard.

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is there an email associated with the seller that can be used ?

There is. I emailed today and I'm hoping to hear something in the next day or two.

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Problem has been resolved. She just sent me my money back via PayPal. Glad that is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.