WTB: Vararam intake for 13 and up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleTap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looking for a used Vararam for my 2014 5.7 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab.

PM me and let me know what you have.

Thanks

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
225bf879001516628cec57138eb75569.jpg
Located in ny if interested. Was on my 13 ram 5.7 Laramie for about a year then I traded for pw

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If double tap isn't interested in this I am. Price?
Jay

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
$150 plus shipping2fc29c301d8b4bfe7de7164db5708bc1.jpg0432da33ea3ae08d1a43c1fd6744d534.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

swh822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If the guys above are not interested I am..located in NY also

AkMOPOWR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Looking for a used Vararam for my 2014 5.7 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab.

PM me and let me know what you have.

Thanks

This is an FYI to other forum members considering any transactions with "DoubleTap"...

It began with a simple PM as requested and moved to regular email correspondence as shown in the attached screen shots. You'll notice daily communication back and forth until I sent him a picture of the paid FedEx receipt (next post) and then nothing.

Attachments

• EmailCapture01.jpg
    EmailCapture01.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 62
  • EmailCapture02.jpg
    EmailCapture02.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 78
  • EmailCapture03.jpg
    EmailCapture03.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 80
  • EmailCapture04.jpg
    EmailCapture04.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 69
  • EmailCapture05.jpg
    EmailCapture05.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 68

AkMOPOWR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Essentially I'm out an intake which could have been enjoyed by an honorable forum member, and I'm out shipping costs to send the guy my stuff :mad3:

Seller beware, I suppose is my moral of this story.

Cameron

Attachments

• VramFedEX.jpg
    VramFedEX.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 61
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 62
  • InvoiceCancelCapture.jpg
    InvoiceCancelCapture.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
D

DoubleTap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've offered to pay the agreed $150 and the actual shipping cost had you packed it properly. I said from the very start to package it as efficiently as possible as they charge by size. Instead you just tossed it into a huge 28x28x28" box with 18" in wasted space in height in the box and also put in the weight at 22lbs. And on top of that you are trying to charge me $25 for that cardboard box. I had just received the same intake from Moe's and it came in a 28"x28"x10" box with room to spare and everything packed and protected with bubble wrap and it weighed 10lbs. So when I plugged in those dimensions with fedex and the proper weight and checked on shipping cost from Vegas to Katy, Texas it came out to $34. Yet because you didn't take the time to pack it correctly I should be paying $75 which is more than double what the shipping would have been had you packed it correctly and taken the time to do so instead of just tossing it in a box....a box you want me to pay $25 for.
So why should I be paying for you being lazy and just tossing it into a huge box, guessing the weight at double the actual weight and on top of it all why should I be paying for the box you shipped it in....and $25 for that box.
And you never called me, text me or sent me a PM before shipping when you were just getting the total cost shipped for me.
And I have replied. I told you I would pay the $150 we agreed on for the intake plus the actual shipping cost had you taken the time to pack it correctly. But I will not pay for your laziness and I also will not pay $25 for a cardboard box. That's it. I will not just throw away money because you were lazy and figured you would just pass on the cost to me because of your laziness.

OP
OP
D

DoubleTap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh I'm sorry. The box the same intake was shipped to me in from Moe's was 29"x27x6" and weighed 10lbs. And the shipping cost when I checked with those dimensions and weight from Katy, TX to Las Vegas was $36.
Here is a copy of what shipping cost should have been and also a picture of how ridiculous the box is that he shipped the intake in along with the box the same intake was shipped in from Moe's.

5A9C5EF6-A4D7-47C3-B181-90E4B0F0216A_zpsvgqw76xb.jpg

796F35B9-3A6A-44A3-8077-74AA2E5FF031_zpsrt0h8zog.jpg

OP
OP
D

DoubleTap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
And read exactly what I wrote in the third picture that's showing the orange valve covers. That is where I ask him to package it as efficiently as possible. Now look at the pictures that I posted. Does it look like he even attempted to do that? And to top it off trying to charge me $25 for that box. That's just crazy.

AkMOPOWR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I taped and wrapped the loose contents (small parts) of the intake with spare packaging I had left over from a recently received shipment and the large parts were packed by the shipping company as I am not a vendor nor am I in the shipping business so I do not keep right-sized boxes and packing material around for shipping; I went to the FedEx store as you suggested and had the item shipped via FedEx with insurance for the cost of a new replacement. Additionally, I admitted in my email updating you that the package had been shipped, with the FedEx invoice attached, and shipping was more than expected; honestly it was more than double what I thought but I know you really wanted the intake so I was planning to work with you. I never received any response to subsequent email, PayPal reminders, or the follow-up phone call / voicemail Friday afternoon so from my perspective I paid to have my Vararam intake sent to a stranger as a free gift.

Independent of shipping, I still don't understand why you didn't respond to any emails following shipment and payment updates, all of this could have been easily worked through and avoided.

Furthermore, if you were ordering a new intake from Moe's, why did you want mine in the first place? Now you have two (2)…

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Just another example of why you should never send out an item without collecting the money first.

Status
Not open for further replies.