Factory hemi dual exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I'm doing the conversion on mine,have everything apart from exhaust,I want the muffler and pipes to the rear bumper.
Cheers

Don't want to go aftermarket as I want to keep cab as quiet as possible.

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where are u located, I have a stock muffler off my 14. It's collecting dust in my shed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are in Southern CA, I can help out. Not sure if I tossed the muffler, but definitely have the pipes from the muffler to the bumper.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm doing the conversion on mine,have everything apart from exhaust,I want the muffler and pipes to the rear bumper.
Cheers

Don't want to go aftermarket as I want to keep cab as quiet as possible.
I'm confused. You list a Pentastar in your profile, but the thread is Hemi dual exhaust.

Are you changing your engine, or trying to slap a V-8 exhaust on to your V-6?

If Hemi exhaust on Pentastar, you may need to evaluate the diameter of your piping to avoid ruining your scavenging (incorrectly referred to as back pressure).

Factory exhaust is not true dual, but single-in to muffler and dual-out. You may be able to swing that on your V-6 without causing exhaust flow/efficiency issues, but going true dual would probably need narrower pipe throughout.

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) If you're gonna need stock dual exhaust tips==I've got em for sale-

Let me know-

:crazy: JIMBO

OP
OP
bruce219

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I live about 10 miles outside San Francisco in a place called Pacifica,If anybody wants to give me a price plus shipping that would be great.
Casper I believe numerous guys with the v6 do the conversion with the factory hemi
pipes and it works out fine.
Thanks again Chaps

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm confused. You list a Pentastar in your profile, but the thread is Hemi dual exhaust.

Are you changing your engine, or trying to slap a V-8 exhaust on to your V-6?

If Hemi exhaust on Pentastar, you may need to evaluate the diameter of your piping to avoid ruining your scavenging (incorrectly referred to as back pressure).

Factory exhaust is not true dual, but single-in to muffler and dual-out. You may be able to swing that on your V-6 without causing exhaust flow/efficiency issues, but going true dual would probably need narrower pipe throughout.

The dual exhaust works just fine with the 3.6 V6.

OP, keep an eye on Craigslist as that's where I found my dual exhaust and my dual cut out bumper and only paid $150 for all of it.

OP
OP
bruce219

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
WOW that was some deal,I have the bumper and extra hangers etc,watching
craiglist every day.People probably have them in garage thinking there worthless.I'm the same,hoard everything and then dump it.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW that was some deal,I have the bumper and extra hangers etc,watching
craiglist every day.People probably have them in garage thinking there worthless.I'm the same,hoard everything and then dump it.

It took me about 8 months to finally come across them but it was worth the wait.

OP
OP
bruce219

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
It took me about 8 months to finally come across them but it was worth the wait.

All I need is the muffler and the pipes to the back? Was it difficult?

OP
OP
bruce219

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Got the muffler and tips,got the flowmaster tips #15356. All I need is the pipes now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.