OEM CD Player Wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm one of the "old school" who wants to install an OEM style CD player in the console of my newly acquired 2014 1500 RAM. I saw one somewhere that was designed to plug and play, but now that I'm serious I can't locate one. I thought it was a vendor/sponsor but I just went though them all and couldn't find it. I am not interested in flash drives or what others have done thanks, just a good old CD player in the center console.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Old school indeed. These kids don't even know what music sounds like with all the compressed music on YouTube and apps like IHeartradio.

GL with your search.

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
infotainment has a kit its under their radio acesseries.or do like i did on my 14 buy a used oem cd player 60-100 dollars and order a oem cd console haness 120.00 and have the dealer flash ra1 code varies mine was 45.00.if you want factory the cd console base comes with the cd player already installed 300.00 comes with the side panels also.harness and the dealer flash.

OP
OP
patchelect

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know the OEM part number for a CD player or am I just dreaming? I did find a unit available from someone but it is apparently only an aftermarket unit with a universal type mount. Maybe that is the only one I saw available? Was there NOT a CD player option? I've looked at using alternative units but I'm not certain how involved it would be to do. I suppose I could hit up my dealer and get some facts. Looking at the owners manual gives me a headache but doesn't generally answer questions~

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a factory CD player in my jump seat.
As I never use it, I can look into how much of an hassle it is to remove it.
What would it be worth to you?

Send me a PM ...

OP
OP
patchelect

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to those who offered. I'm looking for an entire console mounted unit including the console insert and wiring. I'm hoping to avoid a Rube Goldberg arrangement and I don't want the under the REAR seat version.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Seats and Such has an assortment of center consoles available, and they get new ones all the time.

• Warning • They ain't cheap....

On Facebook and Ebay. Seats and Such.

Your welcome. :)

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anyone still have one? Im still looking for one

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I purchased mine new, prices are too good to go used. All will bolt and plug in, no cutting or mods needed. You will need to use the AlfaOBD app to get it to work with your BCM and radio. Here are the parts you need.

CONSOLE BASE SUPPORT W CD OPTION 68398167AA "This is the correct console base with the CD player included"
CONSOLE BASE MAT W CD OPTION 68199109AA
CONSOLE HARNESS W CD OPTION 68233577AC

You can buy all from any Mopar dealer, I purchase all my Mopar parts here.

https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/

Use code "TY16" for a extra discount.

Please PM me if you still have questions.

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I purchased mine new, prices are too good to go used. All will bolt and plug in, no cutting or mods needed. You will need to use the AlfaOBD app to get it to work with your BCM and radio. Here are the parts you need.

CONSOLE BASE SUPPORT W CD OPTION 68398167AA "This is the correct console base with the CD player included"

Those part numbers will work with the 2017?

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI

The base has the CD player included?

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Will do. I hope I didn't order a wiring harness I didn't need being I already have the console in my truck. Or is the new harness have a pig tail for the CD player?

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Will do. I hope I didn't order a wiring harness I didn't need being I already have the console in my truck. Or is the new harness have a pig tail for the CD player?

If you adding the CD player you will need to order the correct console harness to go with it. I will get you the correct harness part number just need to know what options you currently have at the rear of your console ie, seat heater switches, cig lighter, ect.

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just the cig lighter and the media pod

Last edited:

Brian Gage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I
I'm one of the "old school" who wants to install an OEM style CD player in the console of my newly acquired 2014 1500 RAM. I saw one somewhere that was designed to plug and play, but now that I'm serious I can't locate one. I thought it was a vendor/sponsor but I just went though them all and couldn't find it. I am not interested in flash drives or what others have done thanks, just a good old CD player in the center console.
Have a 07u if same.

Status
Not open for further replies.