Want to buy TYC or OEM 13+ Projectors Immediately!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looking for a set of either TYC Replicas or the OEM Mopar 13+ Projector Headlights. I really want a set in black, but will settle for a chrome set if the price is too hard to pass up.

Looking to buy immediately.

Not looking for lights with HID kits or anything. Looking for unmodified sets as I'm going to run LED's in them so I don't want/need hid kit in them.

I can buy a brand new set of Black TYC Projectors off of RockAuto.com for $420 shipped so keep that in mind when offering me your lights.

8d4ab28562fbcbbe5bcd59ab75480523.jpg

Sent from hell via TapATalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thought you already ordered from Rock auto?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thought you already ordered from Rock auto?
No, I originally ordered a set from them, but canceled the order and ordered the custom built quads. Got them, installed them, decided I would like the projector look better so I've got a buyer lined up for Wednesday on the custom quads.

I can order from RockAuto again, but I'm seeing if I can find a good deal on a used pair.

Last week RockAuto had the 13+ projectors BRAND NEW for $93!!!!! It was listed as "Wholesale Warehouse Closeout" and I wasn't ready to buy them just yet. Check back today and they are all gone and back upto the normal $223.

So mad I missed that deal.... arrgghhhh

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You really should run the HIDs in these things man. Otherwise you're kinda just wasting time/money IMO. I know your experience on your 3rd gen scared you with HIDs but they are really super simple to install. Shouldnt have to hack or cut any wires as you described with your 3rd gen. If you're concerned about warranty, I still have my warranty and I have swapped to projectors and HIDs. Brought my truck in for multiple recalls and issues and dealer didn't say anything about the lights, my radio, etc etc. good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for a set of either TYC Replicas or the OEM Mopar 13+ Projector Headlights. I really want a set in black, but will settle for a chrome set if the price is too hard to pass up.

Looking to buy immediately.

Not looking for lights with HID kits or anything. Looking for unmodified sets as I'm going to run LED's in them so I don't want/need hid kit in them.

I can buy a brand new set of Black TYC Projectors off of RockAuto.com for $420 shipped so keep that in mind when offering me your lights.

8d4ab28562fbcbbe5bcd59ab75480523.jpg

Check these out:
http://www.ramforum.com/f21/black_tyc_projectors_retroshop_harnesses-96456/

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Too much money for used tyc's. They are $420 brand new. Thanks anyways.

I just now found a set of brand new All Black Projectors for only $400!!!! They are the all black ones. It is a dealership in new York on the border of Connecticut. The guy said they were on a brand new truck and the customer who bought the truck wanted the chrome ones so they put chrome ones on for the guy. It's the dealership selling them. They was asking $600 but I got them down to $400. I can't wait. I'm picking them up wednesday. It's a long ass 2 1/2hr, alkost 3 hour drive each way but it's worth it!!

cc95bce82484d3609003f8cce01e0a36.jpg19a58c065b25e03f8fa152a383e4a985.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Great find, I have wanted the all black ones and can't find them anywhere. I will probably have JJ build me a custom set at some point.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Great find, I have wanted the all black ones and can't find them anywhere. I will probably have JJ build me a custom set at some point.

Yea it's crazy. They are brand new. The guy said they were on a ram for a year on the showroom floor and just to sell the truck they agreed to put new lights on for the buyer. So these have sat around for months and they finally put them up for sale.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yea it's crazy. They are brand new. The guy said they were on a ram for a year on the showroom floor and just to sell the truck they agreed to put new lights on for the buyer. So these have sat around for months and they finally put them up for sale.

I've been looking on RockAuto as well, they have great prices, but shipping is crazy.....that's why I haven't used them.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been looking on RockAuto as well, they have great prices, but shipping is crazy.....that's why I haven't used them.

Use the 5% off code for rockauto. Usually covers most of the shipping.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too much money for used tyc's. They are $420 brand new. Thanks anyways.

I just now found a set of brand new All Black Projectors for only $400!!!! They are the all black ones. It is a dealership in new York on the border of Connecticut. The guy said they were on a brand new truck and the customer who bought the truck wanted the chrome ones so they put chrome ones on for the guy. It's the dealership selling them. They was asking $600 but I got them down to $400. I can't wait. I'm picking them up wednesday. It's a long ass 2 1/2hr, alkost 3 hour drive each way but it's worth it!!

cc95bce82484d3609003f8cce01e0a36.jpg19a58c065b25e03f8fa152a383e4a985.jpg

Good luck with those headlights. It's been known that these all black headlights without the chrome projector ring thing melt over time. That's the reason why they don't make or sell them again I'm taking about the all black on black projector style. These end up getting replace under warranty so my guess the dealership replaced these under warranty and now they want to make a quick buck and sell the "defective" headlights they replace.

Again good luck and hopefully they work out for you

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good luck with those headlights. It's been known that these all black headlights without the chrome projector ring thing melt over time. That's the reason why they don't make or sell them again I'm taking about the all black on black projector style. These end up getting replace under warranty so my guess the dealership replaced these under warranty and now they want to make a quick buck and sell the "defective" headlights they replace.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really can't see anyone wanting the chrome ones on a truck that came with those. It would clash with the rest of it badly.

OP, take a good look at the inside of the bezel around the projector lens for signs of the paint burning.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Yea I know all about the melting that happens. I will be looking these over extremely well before I buy them.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I really can't see anyone wanting the chrome ones on a truck that came with those. It would clash with the rest of it badly.

OP, take a good look at the inside of the bezel around the projector lens for signs of the paint burning.
Yea i dunno... I was told the truck was a 2015 sitting on the showroom floor for about a year and it wasn't selling and the 2016's had been out for a long time. They couldn't sell the truck for some reason and when someone finally wanted it, they didn't like the headlights so they said they would only buy the truck if the dealer put chrome ones on.

The guy said you can tell they have never been used because there is no dirt on the back of them and the plastic isnt stained and faded and the lenses only have slight "surface swirls" most likely from a stupid detailer rubbing them with a microfiber when they had dust on them every single day for a year lol.

I'm the type of person that I'll take 10 minutes to inspect them. I'll be bringing a socket to open up the dust cover and check in there aswell. It would suck to drive 2:38 and end up not buying them, but whatever, I'm not gonna buy headlights that are melted or messed up. I even told the guy if I drive that far and they are damaged or something is wrong that they arnt telling me, that I won't buy them and he said they have nothing to hide and that they headlights are in mint condition.

We shall see. I'm taking the drive wednesday.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea I know all about the melting that happens. I will be looking these over extremely well before I buy them.

Yea i dunno... I was told the truck was a 2015 sitting on the showroom floor for about a year and it wasn't selling and the 2016's had been out for a long time. They couldn't sell the truck for some reason and when someone finally wanted it, they didn't like the headlights so they said they would only buy the truck if the dealer put chrome ones on.

The guy said you can tell they have never been used because there is no dirt on the back of them and the plastic isnt stained and faded and the lenses only have slight "surface swirls" most likely from a stupid detailer rubbing them with a microfiber when they had dust on them every single day for a year lol.

I'm the type of person that I'll take 10 minutes to inspect them. I'll be bringing a socket to open up the dust cover and check in there aswell. It would suck to drive 2:38 and end up not buying them, but whatever, I'm not gonna buy headlights that are melted or messed up. I even told the guy if I drive that far and they are damaged or something is wrong that they arnt telling me, that I won't buy them and he said they have nothing to hide and that they headlights are in mint condition.

We shall see. I'm taking the drive wednesday.

Should be a Phillips head for the dust covers. That's what the TYCs are anyway. Might be different on the OEMs. [emoji848]

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Should be a Phillips head for the dust covers. That's what the TYCs are anyway. Might be different on the OEMs. [emoji848]

A Video i saw on YouTube of a guy who installed Opt 7 led bulbs on his 2015 ram and his had 8mm bolts holding his cover on. I forget how many exactly but it was 4-6.

Last edited:

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A Video i saw on YouTube of a guy who installed Opt u led bulbs on his 2015 ram and his had 8mm bolts holding his cover on. I forget how many exactly but it was 4-6.

Should be 4. TYC seems to have small differences in the lights. The bulb retaining ring is also different . Safe than sorry bring both. Those lights w/ @00R/T FX-R kit would be pretty sick [emoji108]

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Should be 4. TYC seems to have small differences in the lights. The bulb retaining ring is also different . Safe than sorry bring both. Those lights w/ @00R/T FX-R kit would be pretty sick [emoji108]

Yea I know... ive been keeping an eye on his for sale thread... just waiting until I have a set of projectors in my hands lol...

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea I know... ive been keeping an eye on his for sale thread... just waiting until I have a set of projectors in my hands lol...

Ya know, I am in CT. You could pick them up in person when you're up... [emoji41]

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ya know, I am in CT. You could pick them up in person when you're up... [emoji41]
I dunno man lol if you come to where I'm going to be at, I'd buy them then. But the issue arises that if I get there, you meet me there, and something is wrong with the projectors, you came there for nothing, as did I. I believe I'm going to bedford. It's right on the border of NY and CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.