LED light bar's have gotten CHEAP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I have been doing some research with bulk purchasing led bulbs to sell on eBay for a little side cash.

I know that maybe 2 years ago the price of a 50 inch light bar was a little over 200 for the Chinese made ones. Just saw today... 57 bucks with free shipping.

The market must be flooded with these things to drive the price this low!

50inch 288W LED Work Light Bar Flood Spot Combo Offroad Ute 4x4 4WD Boat | eBay

Maybe I need to look into another category to start a side business of selling on eBay lol.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I guess that depends on how many you get, your margin, and how many you can sell. lol

Chi-com crap has gotten even cheaper as the renminbi has started to weaken.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having been researching QUALITY LED light bars lately, the prices are not getting cheap. I've bought a few different brands that were cheap like this (including the Epistar brand) and they ALL went back because the SUCK as far as quality. You definitely do get what you pay for...

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
im all for amazon ebay special light bars. I have a few on my truck and they work great. But dont get epistar leds, get cree

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
for what rigid is asking,i'll stick with cree chinabombs.i can replace them 10 times over.mine have lasted almost a year ,so far,so good.both working great.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
But I got the Rigid bro-truck stickers! Not on the truck obviously.

I fully understand the reluctance to spend 10 times the cash for Rigids, I certainly would have done that at a different time in my life. That said, I don't have any regrets and love my Rigids. Not a single problem with any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been looking at the PIAA RF light bars lately. If installed properly, they can be SAE/DOT legal for road use without blinding oncoming traffic. Spendy as hell though as a 6" bar runs about $299...

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
One advantage to living in Alaska: they only say how bright your lights need to be, nothing about how bright they can be. I pass troopers all the time at night using my bars, (wired to dimmer so not blinding anyone). Hell, I purchase my lights at the same place that installs the all the lights for the troopers.

I suppose you would get some kind of reckless ticket for being an ******* though.

PIAA makes some good kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I guess that depends on how many you get, your margin, and how many you can sell. lol

Chi-com crap has gotten even cheaper as the renminbi has started to weaken.

I was looking at individual bulbs, but even selling packs of 20... with shipping and fee's... you might make a dollar or two a pack LOL

OP
OP
J

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Having been researching QUALITY LED light bars lately, the prices are not getting cheap. I've bought a few different brands that were cheap like this (including the Epistar brand) and they ALL went back because the SUCK as far as quality. You definitely do get what you pay for...

I always went with that motto as well, but I kept reading on forums that people were putting them to the test and they were doing better than expected!

Having never bought one, I cannot give any personal experience with this. Just from other threads I have read.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have some Kawell LED round pods that are AWESOME and a decent price (got 4 of them for $68. Figured since they are as good as they are, I'd get a Kawell LED bar - found an amber/white one that all the reviews stated there was a common ground and 2 power wires (one for amber and one for white). The one I received had a single power and single ground wire and REQUIRED their harness to allow you to switch from amber to white or vice versa. Reading the reviews for the $50 harness, about 75% of the people had car fires traced back to the switch/relay in the harness... Sent the bar back and now I'm looking at the PIAA lights.