Canadian members!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodgydoge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Hey Guys

Im from Ottawa, Ontario. I had a 2015 dodge ram sport last year and recently sold it and bought a 2020 dodge ram sport. I love my truck. I know my truck is not fully covered under the dealership warranty and thats why I got a thrid party PCW warranty that covers almost all. I have 2 questions. Where is the best mechanic for Ram 1500's in ottawa? Any opinions? Also I've been reading on the Redline oil and I want to change my oil to that on my truck. Winters here can get pretty cold -40 as you guys know. Is it still ok to use the 5w-30 or should I go for 5w-20?

Ps. I love this forum, so much information and help on here. I can spend hours reading. Thanks again guys.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys

Im from Ottawa, Ontario. I had a 2015 dodge ram sport last year and recently sold it and bought a 2020 dodge ram sport. I love my truck. I know my truck is not fully covered under the dealership warranty and thats why I got a thrid party PCW warranty that covers almost all. I have 2 questions. Where is the best mechanic for Ram 1500's in ottawa? Any opinions? Also I've been reading on the Redline oil and I want to change my oil to that on my truck. Winters here can get pretty cold -40 as you guys know. Is it still ok to use the 5w-30 or should I go for 5w-20?

Ps. I love this forum, so much information and help on here. I can spend hours reading. Thanks again guys.
I know the winters up there and they can get cold!

I would recommend High Performance Lubricant's Super Car 0W30 and the Royal Purple 20-820 oil filter. I currently run this combo in my truck and it's excellent.

I too have run Red Line High Performance 5W30 and absolutely love the oil, and I still have several jugs of it that I'll use in the summer again.

Our HEMI's really do well on either of these two oils, but for really cold operation the HPL SC 0W30 is a top oil to consider.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys

Greetings neighbour,

I live about 35 KM South of Ottawa. :cool:

Although we have yet to get into the serious cold, my morning starts have been much smoother since the last oil change when I added a 15 oz jug of LubeGard Biotech.

Check out this thread to learn about some other user's experience.

I have plans to start using the block heater on a timer. Hopefully, this will reduce the stresses associated with the cold starts we experience when the temperature seriously dips.

The user manual suggests using the block heater for pretty mild temperatures, IIRC, much milder than the usual winter temps in this area.

Also, because of frequent short trips, I have purchased a 2A battery minder to permanently install in the engine bay along with a catch can.

These simple and inexpensive solutions will hopefully stack the deck a bit more in my favour and help with my truck lasting much longer. :cool: