Help me find a DIY friendly Dealership in Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickb1907

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this is actually for my wife's Durango we just bought. I installed a mopar trailer hitch and harness and need to activate the harness. It requires adding two codes and updating the vin according to the install instructions. Northwest Dodge is quoting me 3 hours at $140 an hour to do it. They said they need to look over the wiring. Since I installed it I can show them it is terminated correctly in 5 minutes.

I assume updating codes is probably a half hour job. Can anyone chime in on what their dealer charges to add codes and if they have a good dealer within a 100 miles of Houston?

Thanks

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i cant offer any help, but i feel your pain. i got the same ******** from dealers near me when i added the oem backup camera. they wanted me to authorize anywhere from 2-6 hours labor to look over the wiring before adding the code, at a shop rate of $159/hr. i bought the OBD genie instead.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sadly you asked them to do 3 things and each job will charge an hour even though all this can probably be accomplished in 15 or 20 minutes. Remember the good old days when dealers would do stuff like this and only charge for the 15 minutes it would take or even just do it for free. Times have changed, now they are laser focused on screwing you out of every penny they can and most people are totally fine with because they don't know any better.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Give Tomball Dodge a call

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member