Job relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Well guys/gals I just found out my job is relocating me to Anchorage, Alaska. I have two options take the job and move up there at my own cost or find another job. Gonna half to talk this over with my better half.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I would vote to move up there. Alaska is amazing, plus don't residents earn a small income off the oil revenues?

Time to jack that truck up and throw on some big 'ole tires!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
a buddy just moved there....nice...some of the time :)

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thats a big change. Depends on how bad you really want to keep that job and IF you can find another one if you want to stay... Alaska is bad ass though, just sayin

OP
OP
RamSLT

RamSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
My only problem moving up there is I half to sell our house and pay to move up there. I know my wife wouldn't mind moving up there she's 100% Irish and she loves the cold. Lol

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Your in missouri right now? That would be a rough move.
It would take you 2 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes to drive from springfield, MO to Anchorage, AK. (3,700 - 4,000 miles depending on which route)

So one option would be to sell the house, rent a huge moving van and a car hauler.
How are the finances? And can you get out of the house right now?

Also does your wife work, and could she find the same type of job up there?

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Can you get a job in KC and tell them to stick it? how long to you have to decide?

OP
OP
RamSLT

RamSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Can you get a job in KC and tell them to stick it? how long to you have to decide?

I have til Wednesday to decide. I can always fall back on what I went to college for and those jobs are plentiful.
My wife on the other hand won't be able to transfer because her job doesn't have a place up there. Plus my wife has been at her job for 10 years now and I don't want her or I to have to start over in a whole new town, state. Plus all our family is here no one even comes close to up there. If y'all are wondering why I went to college and never stepped into that field it was a back up plan (a desk job) if I couldn't do my passion again. My passion is very labor intense and I'm tall so I knew my knew my knees will eventually go out and I won't be able to do the job anymore.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I say ask for a HUGE raise and commute back and forth if it's worth it. Either of you giving up 10 years is a tough choice.

Good luck!
Ch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
RamSLT

RamSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
We decided to let this job go. It's not worth it, so I'm staying in the old KCMO

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tough decision but I think as time goes on, you'll realize it was the right one...