Massachusetts exhaust options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like you MA guys need to save your stock exhaust for inspection

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This is probably what I'm going to do. The guy did say as long as it says mopar they won't even second glance it. Maybe time for a nnopar stencil!?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is probably what I'm going to do. The guy did say as long as it says mopar they won't even second glance it. Maybe time for a nnopar stencil!?
Not a bad idea but most of the time the brand names are stamped not painted. Most exhaust systems are easy to swap especially a muffler kit like Carven. It's annoying but personally I can't deal with driving a stock quiet truck. As it is I did exhaust on my Power Wagon and it's still not loud enough for me. I want to change it again and I haven't even owned the truck for a year. I'm just holding out to see what happens with a couple things I've heard that might be coming somewhat soon that I heard from manufacturers.

OP
OP
J

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not a bad idea but most of the time the brand names are stamped not painted. Most exhaust systems are easy to swap especially a muffler kit like Carven. It's annoying but personally I can't deal with driving a stock quiet truck. As it is I did exhaust on my Power Wagon and it's still not loud enough for me. I want to change it again and I haven't even owned the truck for a year. I'm just holding out to see what happens with a couple things I've heard that might be coming somewhat soon that I heard from manufacturers.

I'd like mine a bit louder but I also tow my wife and 2 little girls around when we go camping so.. not too loud. My 2500 just sounds.. so bland. If you have any other recommendations that would be quick swaps let me know.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like mine a bit louder but I also tow my wife and 2 little girls around when we go camping so.. not too loud. My 2500 just sounds.. so bland. If you have any other recommendations that would be quick swaps let me know.
We are not currently offering any muffler swaps at the moment. Some things are possibly in the works.....Let me reach out to one manufacturer tomorrow and see what the status is. I'll fill you in tomorrow. It may be worth waiting for!

I assume you have the 5.7 or 6.4?

OP
OP
J

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
We are not currently offering any muffler swaps at the moment. Some things are possibly in the works.....Let me reach out to one manufacturer tomorrow and see what the status is. I'll fill you in tomorrow. It may be worth waiting for!

I assume you have the 5.7 or 6.4?

I have the 6.4. Appreciated.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didnt get a response yet and i know i wont today. hoping to hear back Monday and ill make sure to post the info as soon as i get it

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great so I'm going to fail in May because I have a Magnaflow 24" muffler? Starting to really hate this state...

Me too bro. **** MA and their loony ******* laws!! :flipthebird: :flipthebird: :flipthebird:
Let's see what happens first. I am going to ask my guy first before the inspection to make sure I am going to pass. If not, I'll just buy the OEM muffler, put it on, get the inspection done, take it off and put my FLowmaster Outlaw muffler back on. They can shove it up their ass! SUCKS that I'll have to repeat the process every year, if that's the case.
Will have to report back. I have an inspection due in December this year.

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Me too bro. **** MA and their loony ******* laws!! :flipthebird: :flipthebird: :flipthebird:
Let's see what happens first. I am going to ask my guy first before the inspection to make sure I am going to pass. If not, I'll just buy the OEM muffler, put it on, get the inspection done, take it off and out my FLowmaster Outlaw muffler back on. They can shove it up their ass! SUCKS that I'll have to repeat the process every year, if that's the case.
Will have to report back. I have an inspection due in December this year.
Yeah let us know. I swear they want us all running around in a Prius or electric cars

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah let us know. I swear they want us all running around in a Prius or electric cars

No thanks on the Prius or electric car. I'm set with that.

I will definitely will keep everyone posted!! :favorites13:

OP
OP
J

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Great so I'm going to fail in May because I have a Magnaflow 24" muffler? Starting to really hate this state...

You may still have an inspector that will be lenient on it, as far as I can tell. The guy most local to me was very clear he'd fail an aftermarket exhaust. I'm still hunting around for a different inspector but I have a year, at least.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You may still have an inspector that will be lenient on it, as far as I can tell. The guy most local to me was very clear he'd fail an aftermarket exhaust. I'm still hunting around for a different inspector but I have a year, at least.
Yeah I'm hoping the guy I go to will look the other way. My Magnaflow 24 isn't that loud but it's definitely louder than stock.

This whole thing is such BS. I still have the cats and all the evap equipment, who the hell cares if my muffler isn't stock??

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think we may be alright with our exhaust guys. I talked to someone today about it and he said if you have the catalytic converters and 02 sensors, then we should be all set. (Which I kinda figured anyways.) The cameras are more for keeping an eye on the inspection guy.
Do you know how many people in MA would be failing because of this system?!? I'm pretty sure we'll be set.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think we may be alright with our exhaust guys. I talked to someone today about it and he said if you have the catalytic converters and 02 sensors, then we should be all set. (Which I kinda figured anyways.) The cameras are more for keeping an eye on the inspection guy.
Do you know how many people in MA would be failing because of this system?!? I'm pretty sure we'll be set.
Ok that's a relief. That's the way it used to be, as long as the emissions equipment was there and it wasn't straightpiped you were good

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can remember once when I lived in California that I was failed at a check point that they used to throw up at random places for "noise pollution", had to remove my exhaust to make the fix it ticket go away. :) Thank goodness we have none of that out here....

bbj02270

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm glad I live in Georgia below the Atlanta market where the emissions testing is done. I can do anything I want if I desire

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Just based on what my guy said, and I think they'll vary so just ask yours, if he sees ANY change after the cat/sensor it's an instant fail. I agree it's asinine, just ask before you go to make sure you're safe.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just based on what my guy said, and I think they'll vary so just ask yours, if he sees ANY change after the cat/sensor it's an instant fail. I agree it's asinine, just ask before you go to make sure you're safe.

I definitely will. (And yes, there are going to be A LOT of pissed off folks in MA wit this new process.)
Thanks.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well boys and girls,..............I have some GREAT news!!!
I posted this question about the exhaust and exhaust sounds on one of the Mustang forums that I belong to, (as I am the very proud owner of a GORGEOUS 2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3).
Some of them have gotten inspections and known of people that got inspections with no problem. The videos are only set up to record the inspectors performing the inspection on your vehicle to make sure that they are actually doing the inspections. It does not record sound.
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! :favorites13: :favorites13: :happy107: